JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Bearish Call to End All Bearish Calls - MoneyBeat - WSJ

I switched companies three months ago and had a large amount of money in my 401k invested in risky stuff. I made big returns. My dad who is a very well known estate planner who is really savvy in the stocks told me to take all the money and put in the safe fund. Meaning out of the risk areas. He is not a panic guy. He rolls the dice and has made it. But he predicted this as the article reads.
Thanks dad! Again!

good stocks to buy are gun company stocks
I purchased Ruger stock at $15.13 a share it is trading today at $73.74 (NYSE: RGR)
I purchased Smith & Wesson at $3.20 per share it is at $13.43 today (NYSE:SWHC)

Warren Buffets advice as always been to buy what you know and buy when everyone else is selling

If either Ruger or S&W stock drops enough I will be buying more stock for sure

ITs not about how much you make its about how much of your principal you get to keep when you still think the growth is happening and from the new obammycare gains taxes. We are in a light switch economy. When QE3 stops its over they have already started tapering watch the market becomes skit so up and down then down below 2008. This fake prop up of the market is really going to hurt when interest rates start going up. Seen what mortgage rates are doing? Its already started the fix is in. I am going to pay back the banksters in devalued American money that they devalued and pay off my mortgage. No sense have lots of cash when the dollar goes bye bye you will get pennies on the new dollar in exchange. Pay off debt best way to get even with banks.

I've seen my IRA/401K funds go up and down severely a couple of times; first during the dot com crunch, and then in 2008 during the housing bubble deflation.

Each time I left the money where it was because you don't sell *after* it loses value, you sell before; economics 101, buy low, sell high.

First time it was down by about 40 to 50%, second 30 to 40%.

Each time it came back out of the red into the black.

I am doing okay now. I would have to go back and look at old records to see how much I have increased beyond contributions, but just in the last year I have increased value by about 17% in both accounts.

I know some people expect a correction this year, and that may be, but the largest account I have is actively managed (beyond just putting money in a fund) and they have been doing it well for the past 3+ years so I am going to let it ride.

I have another 5 years to go to planned retirement so I have some breathing room.

When I get down to about one year before retirement then I will start moving the funds to safer territory, but right now I have some ways to go to where I am comfortable with what I have in there.

The Dow could go 3x-4x this year no one knows for sure.

But please remember one thing. Anything paper-related, stocks, currency, etc can literally go poof in hours/short days. There is derivations debt bubble of almost 1.5 quadrillion dollars. Some say as 'low' as 600 trillion. But even at the lowest estimate, it is enough to wipe out all paper almost instantaneously.

You might ask, "What the hell is a quadrillion?" Take a million. Now take a thousand of those (which is a billion), and then take a Million of those. Meaning it's a Million Billions. That's a Quadrillion. (You Tube commenter on that - great summary)

When that tsunami comes rushing in - as timed carefully by the banksters - everything paper will burn. All other bubbles the US has experienced are just small glitches compared to a derivatives crash.

That isn't fear mongering it is fact. May not happen for years. But I'd rather not have wealth/savings tied up into something that can be stolen from me with a mere keystroke.

My guess is a planned economic event will be timed with a scripted national emergency as cover, so it will appear not to be the bankster's doing. People are gullible, they will believe that they lost it all because of 'impossible to foresee' events. Therefore they won't turn their wrath onto the banksters or the government, but on each other.

good stocks to buy are gun company stocks
I purchased Ruger stock at $15.13 a share it is trading today at $73.74 (NYSE: RGR)
I purchased Smith & Wesson at $3.20 per share it is at $13.43 today (NYSE:SWHC)

Warren Buffets advice as always been to buy what you know and buy when everyone else is selling

If either Ruger or S&W stock drops enough I will be buying more stock for sure
Time (respective) is required to derive yield.
Yield is yield/return.

I've seen my IRA/401K funds go up and down severely a couple of times; first during the dot com crunch, and then in 2008 during the housing bubble deflation.

Each time I left the money where it was because you don't sell *after* it loses value, you sell before; economics 101, buy low, sell high.

First time it was down by about 40 to 50%, second 30 to 40%.

Each time it came back out of the red into the black.

I am doing okay now. I would have to go back and look at old records to see how much I have increased beyond contributions, but just in the last year I have increased value by about 17% in both accounts.

I know some people expect a correction this year, and that may be, but the largest account I have is actively managed (beyond just putting money in a fund) and they have been doing it well for the past 3+ years so I am going to let it ride.

I have another 5 years to go to planned retirement so I have some breathing room.

When I get down to about one year before retirement then I will start moving the funds to safer territory, but right now I have some ways to go to where I am comfortable with what I have in there.
They say it's best to "ladder" into and out of investment vehicles instead of trying to "time" it just so. With laddering, it pretty much evens out, given not even that much time.

I think everyone needs to realize that there many different types of investments, some are pretty safe some risky.
Generally high yields are risky while those with minimum yields are pretty safe, on IRA if you invest correctly you won't ever lose what you put in, just the profit would be the worse case. I may be wrong but thats what my adviser told me.

remember how advisors get paid, investment transactions needed or not.

I think everyone needs to realize that there many different types of investments, some are pretty safe some risky.
Generally high yields are risky while those with minimum yields are pretty safe, on IRA if you invest correctly you won't ever lose what you put in, just the profit would be the worse case. I may be wrong but thats what my adviser told me.
Hm.. true but there's always a beta value but you can certainly buy true crap (but that begs the "question") for an "IRA".

You can lose every penny you have in an IRA or 401K, whether it is "profit" or not - if it is invested poorly.

There is no guarantee.

The only truly safe funds you can put your investments into are those that guarantee you won't lose anything and those generally pay pretty low interest rates - usually bonds or something like that.

Generally those *might* beat inflation, but just barely.

However, if you have a decent investment strategy, at least one that is well and truly diversified, then over the long run, unless there is a total global economic meltdown, and you stand pat and don't panic when the market turns down (like it did during the housing bubble deflation) and don't sell when you shouldn't, then you will do okay.

But you got to stick with it - you can't panic and pull your money out when the market goes down. You can pull out *before* the market goes down, but then your money isn't earning you anything.

Some people do that - they like to play the market and that is their prerogative.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top