JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My take is that because the BB gun's do not require powder to drive the projectile, that they do not meet the requirements of "A Fire Arm" even though they discharge a projectile at speeds close to those of some firearms! Still haven't figured out why the B.P. dosn't require FFL but I ain't complain'n

Like Ura-Ki I'm not complaining about the rules on muzzleloaders either.
And like Medic said I have seen some excellent shooting with a Black Powder firearm or two ...

Air guns have been around for a long time and can be in anything from the fun "Red Ryder" types to serious game and target shooting rifles.
All deserve the same respect as a "real gun" , just not needing the same paperwork , so to speak.
Andy

"These 'air-powered' guns are not yesterday's Daisy Riders. They look identical to popular handguns, have immense firepower, and too often are involved in criminal activity or tragic events." o_Oo_Oo_O

My air gun expels projectiles faster than my 45 but there is no "firepower" to speak of. As for the second part: "tragic events"? Proof or it didn't happen.

That they did Medic .. Not so sure I buy into the magic air rifle keeping the natives mystified thing.
After all we only have Lewis's word for just how it was received ... ;)
( not trying to argue .. just thinking outside the "Ambrose Box" )
But yep they did have one and did show it off and it did keep 'em fed.
Andy

That they did Medic .. Not so sure I buy into the magic air rifle keeping the natives mystified thing.
After all we only have Lewis's word for just how it was received ... ;)
( not trying to argue .. just thinking outside the "Ambrose Box" )
But yep they did have one and did show it off and it did keep 'em fed.
Andy

Well Andy. A fantastic shot with a Bow. Is far from being unarmed.
So your probably right.

This guy makes me wonder what a 12th century battle field could really have been like?

I've read accounts of Crecy and Agincourt along with Hastings and a few more ... YIKES!
I like my long bow and have shot and built Plains Indian style bows ... My best advice is not to get shot with a arrow from one...

Back to the air rifle with Lewis and Clark ... I think it was more of a "That's cool , but I really don't understand it" kinda thing from the Indians viewpoint.
They know what a gun was and understood its power and "medicine" so to speak , but an air rifle might not have even registered or been on their radar as the saying goes...
I think they were more impressed with the guns and trade goods than anything else.
Andy

Last Edited:
Well Andy. A fantastic shot with a Bow. Is far from being unarmed.
So your probably right.

This guy makes me wonder what a 12th century battle field could really have been like?

Holy o_O! And also LOL!!

If it wasn't for that guy's obvious skill I'd think that video was a joke or a spoof of some kind.

Missed the simple question part. I think for the last thirty years though that the state of California has deemed air guns as firearms.

Not firearms but they are weapons; as are knives, catapults, thrown rocks, baseball bats, bow and arrows, slingshots, fists, blowguns, swords, etc, etc....
...I'm sure they'll get around to controlling and/or banning them all soon enough.:rolleyes:

Moms Against Stick Violence :s0084:

My neighbor brought over a 9mm air rifle last summer. We were shooting clean thru 2x4's at 25 yds w/a 115gr bullets. I think he said he was getting around 1100 fps out of it. Only 5 rounds per charge @ 3k psi though. His kid has a .22 set up w/a night vision scope for shooting rats. He can get almost 30 rounds per charge.
Weirdest thing shooting one of those, no recoil, no report. I had earmuffs on and couldn't even tell the shot was going off except for the splinters flying.
I watched Youtube vids of guys shooting 50 cal air rifles @ rams @ 200 yards. You can tell those are going off.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top