JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone out there know how to assemble the sear/sear spring? While taking it down to clean it beyond a basic field strip, I didn't pay close enough attention to this area and I can't figure it out. Thinking of taking it in and having a professional do it but I'd rather not.

Well, looks like I'm now on the hunt for a new sear pin. Not sure how it came out but that's what allowed the sear to basically just fall out. I have never taken this pistol down beyond a basic field strip so I wasn't even aware what the sear actually was, and that it was being held in place by this missing pin. I really appreciate all of the input and personal msgs you guys have sent me to help with my issue... As soon as I track down a new pin, I should be all set.

Well, looks like I'm now on the hunt for a new sear pin. Not sure how it came out but that's what allowed the sear to basically just fall out. I have never taken this pistol down beyond a basic field strip so I wasn't even aware what the sear actually was, and that it was being held in place by this missing pin. I really appreciate all of the input and personal msgs you guys have sent me to help with my issue... As soon as I track down a new pin, I should be all set.

Check out the link I sent with the Diagram. Item #18, Sear Pin is shown as in stock with them in both nickel or blued. $14 - $16 plus Parcel Post. I've ordered parts from them before and they've been great for service.

You can make your own sear pin.
Go down to Harbor Freight and buy one of their small drill bit sets. They have them in chrome and blued colors.
I buy standard & metric, just so I know one of them will fit perfectly in the frame hole. They are really cheap, plus you get a set of drill bits for other uses.
Cut the right size bit a little longer then needed, then grind or file to the proper length.
Re blue the ends if needed. Make two if you are losing pins.

Also, you can get free shipping from Numrich, just call their 1-800 #, and when the message comes on about the free shipping code, hang up and order online using the code of the day.
It will take over week to get anything from them no matter what time of year it is. Takes them two days just to get it in a package ready to ship from New York.

DO NOT DRY FIRE YOUR BAUER even once.

They are great little pistols I carry mine often. BUT if you dry fire it you can shoot the end of the firing pin right out the end of the barrel.

ASK ME HOW I KNOW! My brother and I have had 5 of these and 3 of them did this. Luckily it was 25 years ago and we found a couple spare pins. Now days good luck.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top