JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Almost everywhere close to Battleground will require the Discover Pass to access DNR land. At $35 a vehicle it gets expensive pretty quick. I pick between my truck, car or motorcycle so that is $105 if I never take the wifes car. I hope there is a movement to repeal this extra tax put on us by the admenustration in Olympia. Here is how the vote went down. Contact your representative and tell them you are not happy and won't vote for them in the future if this tax remains. Once their foot is in the door they will decide to tax you for any and all things you may want to do.
2SSB 5622
State land recreation access
House vote on Final Passage
4/21/2011

Yeas: 55 Nays: 42 Absent: 0 Excused: 1

Voting Yea: Representatives Appleton, Billig, Blake, Carlyle, Clibborn, Cody, Darneille, Dickerson, Dunshee, Eddy, Finn, Fitzgibbon, Frockt, Goodman, Green, Haigh, Hasegawa, Hudgins, Hunt, Hunter, Hurst, Jinkins, Kagi, Kelley, Kenney, Kirby, Ladenburg, Liias, Lytton, Maxwell, McCoy, Miloscia, Moeller, Morris, Moscoso, Ormsby, Orwall, Pedersen, Pettigrew, Reykdal, Roberts, Rolfes, Ryu, Santos, Seaquist, Sells, Springer, Stanford, Sullivan, Takko, Tharinger, Upthegrove, Van De Wege, Wylie, and Mr. Speaker
Voting Nay: Representatives Ahern, Alexander, Anderson, Angel, Armstrong, Asay, Bailey, Buys, Chandler, Condotta, Dahlquist, Dammeier, DeBolt, Fagan, Haler, Hargrove, Harris, Hinkle, Hope, Johnson, Klippert, Kretz, Kristiansen, McCune, Nealey, Orcutt, Overstreet, Parker, Pearson, Probst, Rivers, Rodne, Ross, Shea, Schmick, Short, Smith, Taylor, Walsh, Warnick, Wilcox, and Zeiger
Absent:
Excused: Representative Crouse

Grommet327,

Could you PM me info on areas to shoot or wouldn't mind taking you up on the offer to show me. My wife and most of my friends don't shoot so ranges are pretty much where I go (nervous about shooting alone in the woods). Any info you can provide is greatly appreocaited.

Thanks
I'd be willing to show someone a couple of spots up on larch where you can shoot and generally not be next to anyone else (I refuse to shoot with strangers) as long as you take a garbage bag/bucket with you and pack out more than you take in. Just be prepared for some bumpy dusty gravel roads as it's a bit of a drive up the mountain to get away from the masses

If you go up to Gifford Pinchot forest and take the first left once you enter then its about half a mile and there are plenty of places just down logging spurs. I take our walking targets up there often and usually there's not to many people just the occasional wheeler.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top