JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Again. abolish the ATF, torch all records, and return the powers to FBI, DEA, FDA. :rolleyes:

FBI can take care of the gun crimes, specifically stolen and unusual/dangerous guns, crimes committed with guns. Also explosives.

DEA can take care of the tobacco stuff

FDA for the alcohol.

IRS for the taxes from these.

So it's now an alphabet and onion soup agency, because "layers". :rolleyes:
Its quite redundant when ya got all these "Federal agencies" with seriously overlapping powers and responsibilities.... simplify the jurisdiction issues and reduce the budget needs by eliminating the BATFE and Dept of Homeland Security; bring back the original concept of separation of powers:rolleyes::rolleyes::s0064::s0136:

Its quite redundant when ya got all these "Federal agencies" with seriously overlapping powers and responsibilities.... simplify the jurisdiction issues and reduce the budget needs by eliminating the BATFE and Dept of Homeland Security; bring back the original concept of separation of powers:rolleyes::rolleyes::s0064::s0136:

Homeland Security was created post 9/11 ostensibly cuz the alphabet agencies wouldn't talk to each other. The thought was that a "clearinghouse" of info would help. Not sure it has. Witness the FBI failures at Parkland H.S.!

Indeed; and it hasn't done squat, publicly to prevent the actual terror attacks since then :s0136:

Aha found the Court decision. Haynes vs. The United States.

I propose that GOA or SAF, whoever has the will and fortitude, to bring a SCOTUS level suit to eliminate NFA1934 and Hughes Amendment, as well as striking down the States registry attempts.. by declaring that the current laws discriminates against a class of person :s0136::s0136::s0064::s0143::s0108:

Homeland Security was created post 9/11 ostensibly cuz the alphabet agencies wouldn't talk to each other.
When you're a bureaucrat, the answer to ineffectual government is always MORE GOVERNMENT.

Is it not a violation of federal law to establish a registry? If that is indeed the case, then the Department chief should be fired for criminal misuse of public funds... or just have their funding cut back to an appropriate level. IMO, an appropriate level is when they (or any other govt bueracracy) can barely do the job as originally intended and have to make some tough budgeting decisions...
"Convention in Hawaii? Or print new forms?"
"Eff the forms... we're going to Hawaii!"
"... but no more office parties..."

When you're a bureaucrat, the answer to ineffectual government is always MORE GOVERNMENT.

Is it not a violation of federal law to establish a registry? If that is indeed the case, then the Department chief should be fired for criminal misuse of public funds... or just have their funding cut back to an appropriate level. IMO, an appropriate level is when they (or any other govt bueracracy) can barely do the job as originally intended and have to make some tough budgeting decisions...
"Convention in Hawaii? Or print new forms?"
"Eff the forms... we're going to Hawaii!"
"... but no more office parties..."
Think it was the Reagan Firearms Owners Protection Act that prohibited new State and Federal registry attempts.... as well as the hated Hughes Amendment that severely restricted post 1986 machine guns :rolleyes:

Indeed; and it hasn't done squat, publicly to prevent the actual terror attacks since then

Seems like a bit of hyperbole to me...

I'm not a fan of Homeland Security. But to apply a bit of logic and also play Devil's Advocate.... How do we know? How does one prove a negative w/o disclosing secrets? Logically the odds are that they must have stopped SOMETHING, sometime.

They have to be perfect 100% of the time??? When the terrorist only needs to succeed once and it invalidates DHS existence???

Beyond TSA, and supposedly serving as a clearinghouse for info, let's try to remember that my old alma mater... the US Coast Guard is now part of Homeland Security. Are you saying that you're convinced that offshore patrols and port security cargo scans have done nothing to prevent a terror attack?

"I'm not afraid of the man that wants to buy 12 Russian nukes... I am afraid of the man that wants ONE!!!" - Peacemaker

Seems like a bit of hyperbole to me...

I'm not a fan of Homeland Security. But to apply a bit of logic and also play Devil's Advocate.... How do we know? How does one prove a negative w/o disclosing secrets? Logically the odds are that they must have stopped SOMETHING, sometime.

They have to be perfect 100% of the time??? When the terrorist only needs to succeed once and it invalidates DHS existence???

Beyond TSA, and supposedly serving as a clearinghouse for info, let's try to remember that my old alma mater... the US Coast Guard is now part of Homeland Security. Are you saying that you're convinced that offshore patrols and port security cargo scans have done nothing to prevent a terror attack?

"I'm not afraid of the man that wants to buy 12 Russian nukes... I am afraid of the man that wants ONE!!!" - Peacemaker
The Coast Guard was doing fine work before being put under DHS :rolleyes:

TSA is a whole nother ball of worms.

Personally I believe we already have pretty good programs that do not need to be put under the umbrella of Dept of Homeland Security, when you have Dept of Justice which ought to be primary clearinghouse for the various agencies. I mean.. why have DHS and DOJ when DOJ oversees FBI and other Fed LE agencies?:rolleyes:

The Coast Guard was doing fine work before being put under DHS :rolleyes:

TSA is a whole nother ball of worms.

Doesn't matter. Under DHS USCG duties have expanded. As part of the Dept of Transportation, interdiction efforts were limited to drug trafficking. And often the Coast Guard was not even regarded as an armed service. The Coast Guard did not utilize armed boarding parties that had authority to fire on BGs. Now they are widely used in random boardings that go beyond searching for drugs. How is that a bad thing?

Yeah TSA sucks... no argument from me there!!!

Didnt USCG used to use armed cutters with guns and depth charges from Prohibition onwards under the IRS service? Seem I remember reading about relatively heavily armed CG boats being used for ASW during WW2 and support during Vietnam against the VC... with 100ft gunboats formerly of USN service?

Yeah, the CG was always an armed service from the very beginning to current... perhaps there was a period of time where most of the boats weren't armed...
As one of the country's six armed services, the Coast Guard has been involved in every U.S. war from 1790 to the Iraq War and the War in Afghanistan

Page 3 info now gets moved to page 1 on the new form...

Easier to scan and copy during 'compliance checks' by ATF?

And exactly where do Bound Books go to die...?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top