JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any bass fisherman on this forum? I fished pretty much exclusively for bass for 40 years but sold my boat and got away from it about 7-8 years ago. Now that my grandson's old enough to come along I'm going to get back into it. I still have all my gear but I'm sure it is outdated now. I mean, does anybody even remember what a fat gitzit is? Anyway, I'm enjoying the forum and glad I found it.

Love fishing for bass (love fishing in general). My favorite tactics are throwing crankbaits and tubes. Your tackle is likely A-OK, just add fresh line and replace any of your old soft plastics that may have deteriorated. Soft plastics that are in unopened packages, or stored in tightly resealed packages may still be quite fishable.

Some new techniques and equipment have been developed and older techniques adapated, but fishing is still fishing and what tactics and gear you used before will still catch fish. Some of that "outdated" gear you have might well be in demand, or still favored for some applications, depending on what gear you have. The big benefit to the most modern stuff is the weight reduction in both rods and reels, which makes all-day fishing more comfortable. But if you're only 7 or 8 years out of date, your probably not fishing with horrible heavy club like rods anyway. Hell, I still fish some of my rods that are 10 years old, and they work every bit as well today as they did then.

the columbia river is one of the best and underfished for small mouth bass. i use Kalin grubs and catch fish all day long when it warms up. just watch out for wind as the river can be dangerous in windy conditions. Martin

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top