JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The 4th Circuit Court of Appeals has upheld the Maryland "Firearm Safety Act", saying that AR-15s are "like M-16s" and are therefor NOT protected by the 2nd Amendment. Their decision, however, is full of all sorts of logical and legal holes. Read it and weep:

http://www.ca4.uscourts.gov/Opinions/Published/141945A.P.pdf

We now have to hope that Neil Gorsuch gets approved and is sitting on the USSC when this case arrives there.

I find the whole argument of so called "sporting firearms vs. military or military type firearms" faulty.
When the 2A was written there wasn't much difference between the two.
Many were also used for both military and civilian use.
I think that the intent of the 2A was to keep civilians on par with the military in regards to firearms.

In fact as pointed out many times before , the 2A does not make a distinction , a exception , a class of or name a type of gun.
It simply says "Arms"
Not Arms of this type or another , not sporting guns , or just civilian type of guns , not military guns ...
Not anything but Arms.
Andy

There is also case law concerning a conviction of possessing a Short Barreled Shotgun based on what arms were used by the military, and since SBS's were not (nor ever) in use by the military it was ruled the defense had no case and lost, resulting in a conviction.

This was decades ago, and I don't recall the name of the case... I'm off to work, no time to dig it up! :rolleyes:

IMG_2518.JPG

Curious if the blackbirds would consider this a military style rifle?

There is also case law concerning a conviction of possessing a Short Barreled Shotgun based on what arms were used by the military, and since SBS's were not (nor ever) in use by the military it was ruled the defense had no case and lost, resulting in a conviction.

This was decades ago, and I don't recall the name of the case... I'm off to work, no time to dig it up! :rolleyes:

That was the Miller case where the defendant not not bother to mount a defense or show up for the arguments and if memory serves me correct died during the deliberation. it was a show trial so the government could get its foregone conclusion.

This was one of the fears I had when Heller was announced. The courts interpretation of the 2nd amendment were shifting towards firearms ownership being an individual right to self defense rather than a right to own military style firearms to prevent government excess.

They say the Heller case only stated you can have a hand gun so get your AR pistols now because the are covered by the Heller case right because they are pistols.

That was the Miller case where the defendant not not bother to mount a defense or show up for the arguments and if memory serves me correct died during the deliberation. it was a show trial so the government could get its foregone conclusion.

This was one of the fears I had when Heller was announced. The courts interpretation of the 2nd amendment were shifting towards firearms ownership being an individual right to self defense rather than a right to own military style firearms to prevent government excess.

MILLER!! That's that one.

A cagey lawyer could arguably link the Miller case with the Heller/McDonald case and become a legal spider-monkey and climb ALL OVER those wearing black robes who are OBVIOISLY anti-2A...

I don't know why it hasn't already been done yet. :rolleyes:

This just goes beyond explanation...

American citizens stripped of their fundamental Civil Rights and the courts upholding that stripping...

Yet we have federally funded programs to hand out clean needles to street junkies and safe places for them to shoot up their illegal drugs...

Am I the only one that see the irony in this????

How can they be good judges or even sane regarding other important rulings if they can not even begin to understand the reason behind the Constitution of the United States?

Did they even take that ONE semester of Constitutional Law in Law School? Were they tested on such taking the bar exams? Do they take required refresher courses at all?

Can the august folks even chew gun and walk at the same time? Can they actually work for a living? Can they drive a stick shift? Do they know the cost of groceries and such?

Are they disconnected from real American mainstream life? Are they totally out of it regarding any drop dead easy rulings regarding the true meaning of the Second Amendment?

How come we know more than they do regarding this? How can they be so mis or non informed concerning Constitutional Law? How can they keep their jobs and not get fired? Duhh!! :( :(

So many dumb questions because I am an underling. Respectfully. My questions only. Are there any answers? Dunno. More :( :(

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews