JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Kelly Thomas Police-Beating Verdict is Cause for Deep Cynicism - Reason.com

Graphic photo of 130-pound homeless schizophrenic named Kelly Thomas.

""These peace officers were doing their jobs ... they did what they were trained to do," explained Ramos' attorney, John Barnett. The defense called witnesses — including a Fullerton police training official — who echoed that same point. Police supporters have said these officers were just doing their job. The defense succeeded in portraying Thomas as a potentially violent, drug-abusing homeless man who was not compliant. Now they say we should all just move on. Nothing more to see here."

Kelly Thomas Police-Beating Verdict is Cause for Deep Cynicism - Reason.com

Graphic photo of 130-pound homeless schizophrenic named Kelly Thomas.

""These peace officers were doing their jobs ... they did what they were trained to do," explained Ramos' attorney, John Barnett. The defense called witnesses — including a Fullerton police training official — who echoed that same point. Police supporters have said these officers were just doing their job. The defense succeeded in portraying Thomas as a potentially violent, drug-abusing homeless man who was not compliant. Now they say we should all just move on. Nothing more to see here."

So these cops were trained to beat homeless men to death?
I can't believe they think this event is over now

"Lake County, Florida, sheriff's deputy Matthew Donnelly has been charged with sexual battery. After a night of partying a man flagged down Donnelly because his girlfriend had passed out. Donnelly allegedly put the boyfriend in his patrol car and groped the woman and made inappropriate remarks to her. Donnelly's dashboard camera was turned off for 22 minutes when the assault is supposed to have taken place. But officials say that a sexual examination supported the woman's claims, and they found her DNA on the steering wheel and gear-shift knob of Donnelly's car as well as on his flashlight."
Lake County deputy accused of sexually battering woman during traffic stop | Local News - WESH Home

Have we mentioned - never call the police unless you have no choice.

"Lake County, Florida, sheriff's deputy Matthew Donnelly has been charged with sexual battery. After a night of partying a man flagged down Donnelly because his girlfriend had passed out. Donnelly allegedly put the boyfriend in his patrol car and groped the woman and made inappropriate remarks to her. Donnelly's dashboard camera was turned off for 22 minutes when the assault is supposed to have taken place. But officials say that a sexual examination supported the woman's claims, and they found her DNA on the steering wheel and gear-shift knob of Donnelly's car as well as on his flashlight."
Lake County deputy accused of sexually battering woman during traffic stop | Local News - WESH Home

Have we mentioned - never call the police unless you have no choice.

"Donnelly worked for the Lake County Sheriff's Office for 13 years, ..."

Just another of the many examples that shows us we can not trust cops. I don't. Not one bit. I lost all trust and respect for LE a while back. You NEVER KNOW what a cop is gonna do next! Cops are just as bad as the criminals! Cops behave just as bad as the criminals do! Its very, very disgusting what "The Law" does. There are so many bad guys in LE its amazing.

"Sheriff's spokesman John Herrell said his colleagues are surprised.

"We're disheartened. Obviously, it's discouraging," he said. "It's really hard to see a law enforcement officer get arrested for breaking the law that they themselves are sworn to uphold, but it's especially hard when it's one of your own."

Herrell said the evidence against Donnelly is so strong that even if he's found innocent in court, he likely won't work in law enforcement again."

I do not trust the "justice" of the courts either. Doesn't sound like Herrel does either.

The only thing the sheriff is sorry about is that there is enough evidence that he (the sheriff) can't make an excuse or protect the copper . . . Or, perhaps throw the blame on the boyfriend.
Now if Donnelly had shot the both of them THAT could be covered up or explained away.

Sheldon

Why did the cop take his handgun and unload it right off the bat? I would not call that "doin it right"!!!
Won't let him "load up while walkin on the public street" WTF???
The guy was trying to make a statement which I don't condone (utube is full of them) Was a good ending though with the officer shaking his hand & sayin "God Bless America."

I will say that I would feel very uncomfortable having an officer take my handgun when I have done nothing wrong, they want to talk then talk but don't go for my gun. (I will not give them permission either)

Police Officer Puts Gun To Boy's Throat In McDonald's Drive Thru Video - YouTube

<broken link removed>

"Terribly disappointing," Sheriff Piper said. "It's a betrayal of a trust to the public. We're expected to handle ourselves correctly in high-stress situations, and it's very disappointing that an officer would snap like this. It's a break in judgment that can't be excused."

"...DeKalb County Police Chief Cedric Alexander placed Biumi on administrative leave with pay while the case is investigated. Chief Alexander said Biumi has been on the force for more than 20 years..."

UPDATE... <broken link removed>

"CUMMING, Ga. (AP) &#8212; An ex-DeKalb County police sergeant has been sentenced to 10-years of probation for pulling a gun during a dispute at a drive-thru window.

The Forsyth News reports 48-year-old Scott Biumi pleaded guilty to two counts of aggravated assault in the April 9 incident.

Surveillance footage from inside a suburban Atlanta McDonald's showed Biumi pointing a gun through another driver's window as he leaned into it during the argument.

Authorities have said Biumi was upset the driver ahead of him was taking too long at the window.

As part of a plea agreement, Biumi &#8212; a 26-year law enforcement veteran &#8212; is barred from owning a firearm or working in law enforcement.

Biumi must also do 120 hours of community service during his first year of probation."

YES! Some accountability in LE. Some.
Actually, if a non-LEO did what that LEO did they would be serving some time in prison.
Detective Sgt. Scott Biumi should have at least been put in jail for a while. He could have killed that 18yo.

Keep trying to hold the bad cops accountable you good LEOs, whats left of you.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top