JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is a good site --- like Ken said, we need some more details to recommend a good hike... distances you willing to hike, terrain, this time of year or later in the season, etc. Keep in mind that a lot of trails are still snow covered right now....

Well this will be my first time backpacking in oregon, My friend and I were born and raised in Alaska so we are not new to the outdoors. I figure we should start out the summer easy on relatively flat, but still "out there" enough that we can setup a cmap for a night and not be bothered.

Distance, ~5 each way so ~10 miles total preferably with a place to setup camp at the end then hike back the next day. Terrain for the beginning of the summer flat maybe do some mountain hikes later in the summer... Thanks for the resource i will look into it :)

I've done that one in the winter on snow shoes and it is fun. Great views. If you have a chance you should park your car up the road in Government Camp and walk or hitch to the trailhead. The parking is right on the highway and looks like a great spot to get broken into at night.

You should also look into some of the hikes that come up out of the gorge. I like the Eagle Creek to Watum lake but it might be a little more that you are looking for right now.

Keep in mind that any stream on the mountain is going to be cold and fast right now so plan your crossings early.

I've done that one in the winter on snow shoes and it is fun. Great views. If you have a chance you should park your car up the road in Government Camp and walk or hitch to the trailhead. The parking is right on the highway and looks like a great spot to get broken into at night.

You should also look into some of the hikes that come up out of the gorge. I like the Eagle Creek to Watum lake but it might be a little more that you are looking for right now.

Keep in mind that any stream on the mountain is going to be cold and fast right now so plan your crossings early.

Good advice. :s0155:

The Summit of Mt Colonel Bob in the Brother’s Wilderness:

b8e1156f-6eb1-4c2c-b8f6-c5e55226b23e.jpg

Lake 3995 in the Wonder Mountain Wilderness; eight hour hike mostly off-trail and up steep terrain:

868f8cc4-90ac-46f7-adea-6327ea5d6494.jpg

Watson Lakes, about a six hour hike but on a well established trail:

6be877f7-a4e6-45b0-82f5-1e4f3ae370f8.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR