JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Webbing colors

• Coyote brown

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Green ranger green

• Brown ranger green

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Camo 483

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tan 499

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Olive drab 7

• Black

• Total voters
Reactions
Picked up 2 yards of this 500D fabric, the ebay seller photos showed a more green shade than what I got, so it isn't gonna be used for tactical gear.. but it's useful for a backpack that doesn't look tactical.
20200725_133532.jpg
Clockwise from top right;
BP Green 500D
Rockywoods 500D Ranger Green
Ebay 500d Camo 483
Ebay 420d Ranger Green-looks like old ALICE green

20200725_133718.jpg
The webbing options I have for a pack. From the top;
Coyote Brown
Green tone Ranger Green
Brown tone Ranger Green
Sage tone Camo 483
Tan 499
Olive Drab #7
Black
Hardware is going to be any of the following;
Basic black
Tan 499
Coyote brown
Foliage green

The pack design is going to be based on this one, but with fixed pockets(as opposed to removable/MOLLE), and probably an axe sleeve in the center. Either using the foliage green 1609 U shaped MOLLE Frame, or Fireforce USA internal frame insert. Hip belt will have nalgene sized water bottle pockets sewn to it

20200622_135604.jpg

Brown tone ranger green. My dad has an ancient OD green hunting pack with dark brown leather accents. It's cool and probably at least 50 years old.

I admire your ability to create your own packs. That's pretty awesome!

Blaze Orange

Why that color?

Set it down somewhere in the forest and you'll be able to find it and if you get lost they can spot you from the air and you're less likely to be shot from behind as some idiot deer hunters are known to do...

Natural light with shadows and sun spots;
Looks closer to Forest Green/Hunter Green.
Top to bottom
Light tan/cream-too high contrast, maybe?
Tan 499
Coyote brown
Brown tone ranger green
Camo 483
Green tone ranger green
20200729_105701.jpg

Someone on another forum suggested I make the sustainment pockets in the Camo 483 shade, with the main pack being the spruce shade, got me thinking of doing pocket lids in contrasting colors, like Camo 483 lid for the main bag, and spruce green lids for the 2 small compartments, but that brings an interesting problem of construction since I tend to make bags from one piece of fabrics... this would entail 6 pieces of fabric instead of 3 due to separate lids

Someone on another forum suggested I make the sustainment pockets in the Camo 483 shade, with the main pack being the spruce shade, got me thinking of doing pocket lids in contrasting colors, like Camo 483 lid for the main bag, and spruce green lids for the 2 small compartments, but that brings an interesting problem of construction since I tend to make bags from one piece of fabrics... this would entail 6 pieces of fabric instead of 3 due to separate lids

Mmmm....seems a bit more complicated than it really needs to be that way.

I like the idea of contrasting webbing and trim.
Andy

We
Mmmm....seems a bit more complicated than it really needs to be that way.

I like the idea of contrasting webbing and trim.
Andy
Well, thats if I don't do storm collars. I've not done that yet. Hm. If I'm gonna do storm collars and drawcord closures, then I suppose contrasting color lids would work, along with contrasting webbing.. I don't normally do edge tape trim on lids or side seams though, again due to my usual making of pouches and gear with as little wasted fabrics as possible :)

Actually. The 3 lids could be in a matching webbing color, for example, Camo 483 lids and Camo 483 webbing, the 500D Rockywoods Ranger Green with brown tone Ranger Green, the 420D green Ranger Green with green webbing (either OD7 or green RG) but that last would definitely need a waterproof storm collar or coating.. I do have tan 499/Khaki 500D that'd work great with the tan 499 webbing straps.. don't have enough Coyote Brown fabric left though.

Still not enough Coyote Brown fabric, and I think the green Ranger Green fabric is a nonstarter due to it not having a coating.
20200730_085755.jpg
Left to right
Camo Green 483 with black buckle

Brown tone Ranger Green with Foliage buckle

Tan 499/Khaki with tan 499 buckle

Of course, the buckles aren't set in stone, I could use tan 499 on all fabrics, or foliage on all, or basic black on all.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top