JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

Men with automatic machine guns rob Portland Plaid Pantry
by Teresa Blackman

Posted on January 12, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Updated today at 3:32 PM

PORTLAND – Two men terrified a Plaid Pantry clerk in Southeast Portland by pointing an automatic machine gun and demanding money from the cash register.

One of the suspects was described as a white man in his early 20's, standing about 6' tall and weighing around 180 pounds. He had brown hair and a trimmed beard. He was wearing a dark jacket, red shirt, gray stocking cap, blue jeans, and black shoes.

The other suspect was also a white man, standing about 5'6" tall and weighing around 130 pounds. He was wearing a brown hooded sweatshirt, a white cloth rag with eye holes cut out, blue jeans and brown tennis shoes.

The robbery occurred just after 4 a.m. on Friday, December 18 at the Plaid Pantry located at 2429 Southeast 26th Avenue in Portland.

Crime Stoppers officers were hoping that the surveillance video, combined with a cash reward of up to $1,000 will draw out some sort of tip that leads to an arrest in the case.

Anyone who wants to leave a tip can call Crime Stoppers at (503) 823-HELP (4357), leave a tip online

I wonder how they could tell the firearms were autos?

I don't know, but saying there automatic machine guns is a precise description. If they could afford a truly automatic machine gun, legal or illegal I do not think they would be robbing a convince store.

I guess say there "Automatic machine guns" instead of everything being an "AK-47" in the news world just to mix it up.

It's too easy for "journalists" to alter the truth.
Even in the headline, it says "Men with automatic machine guns". To me that implies there were multiple men with more than 1 weapon between them.
Then the story itself says "an automatic machine gun".

Unfortunately most folks won't even care about the details.

This site has more feedback comments...
http://southeastportland.katu.com/c...atic-machine-gun-police-need-help-id-suspects

This one says it's the officers that described it as an automatic machine gun...
<broken link removed>

Looks like an airsoft, or a squirt gun painted black.

Closest real gun it looks like it could possibly be is a Tec-9, or a cz-scorpion, gsg-5 pistol.

How would the reporter know if it was full auto? Did he go off and dump a 32 round clip, full auto? That would be so funny if it turns out to be an airsoft gun, and they reported that it is a machine gun.

These liberal media types are so stupid. Any time there is a shooting, they put up a graphic of an AK-47, behind the reporter, with Big "SHOOTING" slogan. So the non-gun owner people are lied to and brainwashed into thinking that every ak-47 should be banned, because that is what people in the streets keep getting shot with.

Reality is, criminals in the streets, usually use a Davis .22, or a cheap revolver, or beat up old sawed off shotgun, usually stolen. So I would like to see the reporters put up a graphic of a chrome plated, Jennings .22, with pearl grips, that would be more like it.

Not sure if it's just the liberal media though - looks like they just got their info from the crimestoppers site that says it was an automatic machine gun..

Looks like an SP89 with an extended magazine (to hold more airsoft pellets)

400px-H&KSP89.jpg

Who care if it's airsoft, flare gun, pellet gun, or real gun, point is he robbed the store armed. If you go on an airplane holding a bag of dog crap and say it's bomb, then it's a bomb.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top