JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wanted to go in the Air Force so they could teach me to fly larger aircraft, I already had pilots rating, and then get out and fly commercial. Did not work out since at that time there was a lot of guys coming back from Vietnam with 1500 combat turbine hours and they were picking up the flying jobs, and I had 20/20 corrected but that was not good enough for them back then.

He could get into aviation and have real good after service job prospects.

Neighbors kid joined the Army, tested real high and got UAV Pilot MOS. He will do 4 years and probably get a 100K job in drone world when he gets out.

The other piece of advice I give to everyone I meet going into the military that no one ever listens to....

Do your 4 years doing something fun. Combat arms. Shoot sh!t up! Then when you get out go to school on their dime to get the paper. Stop trying to get the technical training because almost none of it applies to the real world.

T

Do your 4 years doing something fun. Combat arms. Shoot sh!t up! Then when you get out go to school on their dime to get the paper.

Exactly. My boys all have went to college on the VAs dime. One journeyman plumber business owner, Paramedic / FF and and an MBA. Not a dime of student debt, all have VA home loans. They partied hard, worked hard and chased a lot of skanks...err girls around. Schooling comes later.

Exactly. My boys all have went to college on the VAs dime. One journeyman plumber business owner, Paramedic / FF and and an MBA. Not a dime of student debt, all have VA home loans. They partied hard, worked hard and chased a lot of skanks...err girls around. Schooling comes later.

I did the same. Good times in the Military, went everywhere I wanted to go, doinked everything I wanted to doink, 100% paid school, and the blessed VA loan ( 4 times ).

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top