JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A Pittsburgh high school student used assault knives to stab over 20 students, 9 who are in critical condition.

<broken link removed>

I'm thinking we should look into advocating an "Assault Knife Ban" to prevent future instances of these attacks. Also, schools should become "Knife Free Zones" In addition to "Gun Free Zones".

I think the media should only show happy news that way the people who faint on a whim will be saved the horrors of the human mind...

Additionally, media should not show mass shootings and mass stabbings, so the deranged mind will not get any satisfaction of seeing the glory they desire to kill people by their suicide!!!!

No fatalities were reported.
The stabbing spree ended when assistant principal Sam King helped tackle the 16-year-old suspect, according to Thomas Seefeld, the police chief in Murrysville, Pa.

And, what would have happened if this unarmed assistant principal didn't tackle this guy to the ground?? How many more people would have been killed.. The fact this guy wasn't blasted dead on the spot just shows me how stupid the bullsh*t gun control regulations are at our schools.. Our governments restrictions on weapons in schools has resulted in the loss of more innocent lives of our children than it has saved..

http://abcnews.go.com/US/witness-kn...lvania-high-school-stabbing/story?id=23253018

Sam King, the assistant principal is one brave soul.. He was unarmed and tackled a guy wielding two large bloody knives.. Why was this assistant principal forced to face an armed assailant without any weapon himself to defend him and the students? Had this man failed in his attempt, he likely would have been killed and many more students would have been killed.

Yeah, lets all keep laughing at those nutjobs in the NRA and Wayne LaPierre for being so crazy as to advocate for armed guards in schools. What a crazy concept!! What we truly need is even more restrictions on guns and knives in schools! Perhaps, a larger "No Knives" sign on the campus will deter future attacks.

Taking bets on how soon it will before people point out no one died because he only had knives. If the attacker had guns there would have been lots of deaths.

In other words, try to keep our rhetoric down a little bit, OK? Even this can be used to paint the guns as the evil thing which caused the event, ignoring that a firearm is an inanimate object with no intent on it's own. The person who perpetrated the horrible crime is the real criminal.

Taking bets on how soon it will before people point out no one died because he only had knives. If the attacker had guns there would have been lots of deaths.
Yep - I mentioned this morning on chat I would bet somehow, somewhere this will be 'spun' into a gun issue, if only indirectly.

Couple of thoughts....
Let's think about the victims right now...
And, nbc pushed that the knives were 8-10 inches, and a kitchen knife. I see many more restrictions on any threatening weapon more and more.

Ps. Thread hack. Check out the rancher in Nevada telling the Feds to eat sheet and die. Could be a Waco in the making as we speak...

That idiot official said at least it wasn't a gun.
Tell that to the 20 hacked up people, i'm pretty sure they aren't relieve they only got stabbed.
Just goes to show we need to start getting to the bottom of the mental illness that leads people to do this, the cause not the tool used in the effect.
People don't need guns to hurt/kill or commit evil.

Cause the truth is more guns in the hands of good people will always prevent more good people from glfalling prey to evil.

Dems are stupid enough to spin this into gun control, just like fort hood part duex
They need to start arming more people on military bases.

I find it amazing that one guy could seriously cut/stab so many teens. People were more aware before texting became an obsession.

I don't know all the facts but I really feel back in my High School days he would have been stopped at the 2nd or third victim at the most. Most likely stopped by other students!
Heck with all the racial tension and un-checked bullying going on in my HS, we all were practicing situational awareness automatically.

Of course back in my day this kid wouldn't be trying to stab the whole school whatever his beef was.
Right or wrong after a few hard learned lessons a guy found his niche in the social order of HS, manned up and dealt with it somehow. Sometimes that meant letting it go. Nobody got stabbed or shot.

Were things better when bullying was not spotlighted and made an issue? A certain percent of kids will always be mean spirited jerks, just like their parents in some cases. Maybe highlighting it so much causes these people to be more secretive and clever in their bullying. Maybe highlighting it so much causes the victims to feel more victimized than they really are. How else do you explain the disproportionate vengeance lately?

We live in a culture that seems to give victims a "one up" on everyone else. If people can't find a reason to feel they are a victim currently, they look to their past or even ride the coat tails of long dead victim ancestors.
Politicians trumping up racism, sexism, class warfare you name it just to get votes, well it's back fired!

Unless their plan is to disarm Americans and make us into an Orwellian police state, for the children of course!
Then I'd say it's all on track.

Difference is people still had good parents back then. Nerds that got beat up and teased grew up to be billionaires like bill gates.
Now kids have no remorse or respec for human life. There's no God or fear of death. Just like there's no fear of prison.
It's easier to imagine yourself some kind of afterlife revenge hero. Who knows.

So the news said at least he didnt have a gun. Well I blame that on good gun control. Maybe his parents have guns but keep them locked up so this kid couldnt get to them so he just grabbed the kitchen knives. But the media would never spin it that way.

Knives are already banned in most schools making them knife free zones. You can still sneak in paper, as long as it's not shaped like a knife, and still dish out some pretty serious paper cuts.

In my day, the first car for most of us guys was a truck. The first accessory we bought it was a rear window gun rack, and the second was usually a 30-30 if we didn't have one already. The knife was already in a pocket. Some of us built gun stocks in wood shop, and more than one hunting knife came out of metal shop.

Funny how we didn't seem to have any mass shootings or stabbings at schools then...

Thank God the Murrysville School Attack Wasn't Guns

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...he-murrysville-school-attack-wasn-t-guns.html

With help pic showing teenager taking a selfie.

"Nobody could have outrun a bullet if the suspect had been armed with a gun, but anybody who managed to stay outside the reach of the blades escaped injury. One unlucky boy who was stabbed in the back"
- cause you know - only the unlucky or incompetent were unable to stay outside the reach of the boy. The old, I don't have to outrun the bear, I only have to out run you survival mentality.

another article.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ional-senior-high-school-near-pittsburgh.html
"I saw this kid in all black running down the hallway, stabbing. He was just stabbing everybody that was in his way." -- time to ban wearing black.

A friend of mine wants some decent kitchen knives, one of those butcher block deals with 8-12 assorted cooking blades, a sharpener, scissors and 4-8 steak knives. They'd better jump quick, though, before Dianne Sweinstein has her buddies in DC bust out their cell phones and pens to impose new laws limiting capacity and outlawing serrations.

Last Edited:
God forbid any of these deranged lunatics figure out that the cars they drive can become one of the most efficient tools for mass murder and mayhem that is easily accessible to anyone. Seriously, one psycho plowing his car into a bunch of pedestrians in the sidewalk. The mayhem that would ensue..

Sooner or later we will have to live in Mao's China were every thing we own is controlled, registered and monitored, because people just won't be trusted and everything can be used as a tool for a mass killing.

Oh yeah, a kid only has to be 15 to be able to drive a car. At least people know guns are dangerous, nobody thinks a car is dangerous..

I just read the news today.. Articles like this stay on the news for one day, where as shootings/ stabbings will linger for weeks, despite resulting in less deaths/injuries:

10 students killed in fiery car crash with FedEx truck.. Thinking, I may go with UPS for now on... LOL
http://abcnews.go.com/US/students-victims-fiery-calif-crash/story?id=23285299

The fact there was no deaths is because one brave guy got lucky and tackled the psychopath before he could inflict more mayhem.. Also, if he had just a little more training with his knives, he could have easily cut vital organs or inflicted more damaging wounds.. Thankfully, he was just some deranged psycho with no formal training. A person who is well-trained with a knife may even potentially cause much more damage than a person who is well-trained with a gun.. It's all about the scenario. If you start shooting people in a hallway you will scare everyone and they will run. The mass shootings that resulted in so many deaths were well-planned for months and the people who performed them were quite skilled in their execution. Not to mention their victims were unarmed, helpless and trapped. If some deranged 16 year old with no weapons training could cause this much damage with 2 kitchen knives, just imagine a highly trained person with weapons and fighting skills.

The May 10th attack in Hanzhong , China is proof how many people one person can masscare with a knife. This attack rivals most of the mass shootings in this country..

An attacker named Wu Huanming (吴环明), 48, killed seven children and two adults and injured 11 other persons with a cleaver at a kindergarten in Hanzhong, Shaanxi on May 12, 2010;[8] early reports were removed from the internet in China, for fear that mass coverage of such violence can provoke copycat attacks.[8][17] The attacker later committed suicide at his house; he was the landlord of the school,[18] Shengshui Temple private kindergarten, and had been involved in an ongoing dispute with the school administrator about when the school would move out of the building.[18]

Last Edited:
I think the media should only show happy news that way the people who faint on a whim will be saved the horrors of the human mind...

Additionally, media should not show mass shootings and mass stabbings, so the deranged mind will not get any satisfaction of seeing the glory they desire to kill people by their suicide!!!!

You forgot to mention the media should call the perp a P. O. S. Or a scumbag.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top