JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been a GM 1911 guy for over 4 decades. Only time that changes is when weather is warm enough to make it harder to hide or for some real quick trip kind of thing. So as it gets colder it gets easier for me to carry what I really want to have with me always.

1) If you're drinking "Lite/Light" beer then you're missing the point of drinking beer.
The only point I see in "lite" beer is that you can drink more before getting drunk enough to hurl.

2) I don't choose my EDC piece based on the season. It's based on whether I have to leave the house and go out in publick. My hanging out at the house piece is a snubbie because a full size gun is too hard on my back. When heading out into the world I just pick which one I want to be my companion for the day. Kind of like having a pistol harem.

Last Edited:
As the weather changes from hot to cold do you change/alter your EDC or do you carry the same equipment year round?
Nope. Typically carry a full-size handgun no matter the temperature or weather. Mostly OWB strong-side, occasionally IWB same. SIG P-228/229, occasionally P-365 or when feeling froggy, a Commander-sized 1911.

Training routine stays the same. Couple times a month static shooting indoors, regular work quals, home practice drawing (including from concealment), dry-fire.

I EDC my G48 pretty much year round. I will, however, carry my OZ9 when I'm wearing a winter jacket or hoodie.

HK p2000 AIWB pretty much 24/7. I like OWB carry, but appendix is safer with a kid running around. Also easier to attach/detach if I am lounging on the couch with the wife after the kid goes to sleep.

"Heavier bullet weight or up to a +P, recommended during heavy clothing seasons"

The Russians designed the .30 Tokarev to puncture somebody wearing a heavy felt coat.
Maybe a TT33 is the ideal winter carry piece. It's skinny and fits in the ft. pocket of various brands of cargo pants.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top