JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As the weather changes from hot to cold do you change/alter your EDC or do you carry the same equipment year round? Different training practices, dryfire/livefire routines, clothing adjustments, firearm swaps, changing carry position, ect.? You are your first responder. Stay frosty friends.

As the weather changes from hot to cold do you change/alter your EDC or do you carry the same equipment year round? Different training practices, dryfire/livefire routines, clothing adjustments, firearm swaps, changing carry position, ect.? You are your first responder. Stay frosty friends.
Sort of. I will often use a cover garment so I can carry a midsize in the summer, but sometimes not. With heavier clothing that's not an issue. If I have a heavy coat as well I may drop an extra mag in one of the pockets if I think of it. With the craziness going on lately I should probably do that all the time. Maybe an extra flashlight or knife too.

More than likely I'll be changing from my Glock 48 to my Glock 45. Flannels to wonders, allowing a full framed gun to be easily concealed. I cut the inseam of my flannels in the bottom corners and drop in fishing weights and sew them back up. Creating a easy clearing of outer garments due to weight. Other than my handgun I'll continue carrying a fixed blade, pocket knife, flashlight and tourniquet. I may also include an extra mag for the same reasons @Flopsweat gave.

More than likely I'll be changing from my Glock 48 to my Glock 45. Flannels to wonders, allowing a full framed gun to be easily concealed. I cut the inseam of my flannels in the bottom corners and drop in fishing weights and sew them back up. Creating a easy clearing of outer garments due to weight. Other than my handgun I'll continue carrying a fixed blade, pocket knife, flashlight and tourniquet. I may also include an extra mag for the same reasons @Flopsweat gave.
How much weight do you use? I was thinking of using a quarter.

How much weight do you use? I was thinking of using a quarter.
I am not sure about the exact weight. Enough to carry the momentum as I throw it behind me. Just remember what flannels or cover garments you do it to. Wear it through TSA and it can cause a delay. Haha.

I first thought of this for my summer cover for windy days.
I originally did it when I was doing IDPA cause you have to clear your garment (rules and what not). I no longer do idpa but that's a good modification one of the older guys showed me and I took it as my own.

With the change in the weather and opportunity to wear more of a cover garment, I tend to carry OWB more often. If I wear a heavy coat I will bring out the service sized handguns once in a while but still with the 9mm/ .357 calibers.

With the change in the weather and opportunity to wear more of a cover garment, I tend to carry OWB more often. If I wear a heavy coat I will bring out the service sized handguns once in a while but still with the 9mm/ .357 calibers.
I was rocking a t-shirt and shorts with an OWB all summer, but then again, I'm in Roseburg and don't really care if I ever print. If and when I go to Portland, it'll be much deeper carry.

I do not change anything.

My standard carry is a M&P 4.25 CORE w/RMR 06 in a JM Custom AIWB-WC holster and Ares Gear Aegis Enhanced belt.

I can conceal it well in everything I wear, including shorts and a t-shirt. And the rest of the stuff from wallet to phone, to knife to spare mag, to pepper spray, etc., goes in all the standard places.

However, if I add much else to the mix I'm going to need a Tactical MURSE. :rolleyes:

My standard carry is a M&P 4.25 CORE w/RMR 06 in a JM Custom AIWB-WC holster and Ares Gear Aegis Enhanced belt.

I can conceal it well in everything I wear, including shorts and a t-shirt. And the rest of the stuff from wallet to phone, to knife to spare mag, to pepper spray, etc., goes in all the standard places.

However, if I add much else to the mix I'm going to need a Tactical MURSE. :rolleyes:
Good choice on the belt! I love my Ares Aegis belt. I've had it for over 10 years and it's still rock solid.

81ijnqA1vnL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top