JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, I can see how it could be a choking hazard.. to a DC fatcat seeing it lying on the ground and all. The gall that freedom might reign!

Thank you so much. I needed another reason to NEVER visit Washington DC. Like the crime, congestion, overcrowding and overwhelming bureaucracy wasn't enough. I can add it to California on the list of places I will never visit again. Sadly, Colorado is also making a play to get on my list, too.

Completely not surprised.

DC has horrible firearms laws that have taken court decisions to improve.

That is absolutely bubbleguming insane.

Not like I wanted to visit DC anyway.
If the entire east coast were to suddenly erode and sink down to the bottom of the ocean I wouldn't shed a tear.

DC has to represent the LEAST American part of our country. "District" or not, its not what I pledge allegiance to nor ever will. I love America and would defend its freedom and my own with my very life, but Ill never defend those jackwagons nor would I fight for them in any coming war.

The true domestic terrorists are the ones running this country.

so much for another part of the constitution

Article 1, Section 10, Clause 1

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

Ex post facto
ex post facto adj. Formulated, enacted, or operating retroactively. [Med Lat., from what is done afterwards] Source: AHD

In U.S. Constitutional Law, the definition of what is ex post facto is more limited. The first definition of what exactly constitutes an ex post facto law is found in Calder v Bull (3 US 386 [1798]), in the opinion of Justice Chase:

1st. Every law that makes an action done before the passing of the law, and which was innocent when done, criminal; and punishes such action. 2d. Every law that aggravates a crime, or makes it greater than it was, when committed. 3d. Every law that changes the punishment, and inflicts a greater punishment, than the law annexed to the crime, when committed. 4th. Every law that alters the legal rules of evidence, and receives less, or different, testimony, than the law required at the time of the commission of the offense, in order to convict the offender.

so much for another part of the constitution

Article 1, Section 10, Clause 1

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

Ex post facto
ex post facto adj. Formulated, enacted, or operating retroactively. [Med Lat., from what is done afterwards] Source: AHD

In U.S. Constitutional Law, the definition of what is ex post facto is more limited. The first definition of what exactly constitutes an ex post facto law is found in Calder v Bull (3 US 386 [1798]), in the opinion of Justice Chase:

1st. Every law that makes an action done before the passing of the law, and which was innocent when done, criminal; and punishes such action. 2d. Every law that aggravates a crime, or makes it greater than it was, when committed. 3d. Every law that changes the punishment, and inflicts a greater punishment, than the law annexed to the crime, when committed. 4th. Every law that alters the legal rules of evidence, and receives less, or different, testimony, than the law required at the time of the commission of the offense, in order to convict the offender.

What is this saying in non lawyer talk?

kinda makes me want to go to DC and dump a 5 gal bucket of empty casing in the street out front of the white house. how the hell could you even get away with proposing such a law?

kinda makes me want to go to DC and dump a 5 gal bucket of empty casing in the street out front of the white house. how the hell could you even get away with proposing such a law?

Did that little fat korean take over DC?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top