JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
E846F42D-FCA7-4E59-916C-7BD984754151.png i am not a sharp enough computer operator to properly link this story (maby some smarter guy can do it for me) but here is an interesting story about unintended consequences of loose talk with and about a (weapon) gun. It seems words can hurt you. It sounds to me like the dog was innocent enough (I have big friendly dogs) the guy admits he wasn't bitten.....probably just scared (?) the dog owner tried to mitigate the problem but the guys mouth got him into trouble.

If that dog in Mr Gotts arm is the perpetrator, the other gentleman needs to hunker down and grow a pair!

I never discuss packing or my permit! If a situation escalates to needing a weapon, that's when anyone finds out about it!

Last Edited:
How do you think it would have turned out if they found a weapon in his car? He would have been in front of a judge even here in gun friendly Idaho. Lawyer fees start with a 5,000.00 retainer, bail bond, a temporary no gun order.........all for a few misplaced words.

Grey man!! Only people that I trust know that I carry every day.

Talk about open mouth and insert foot! Some people just need to keep there feelings and there mouth in check!

Has it been determined that the guy actually had a concealed carry permit? or was he just a moron mouthing off?
An Idaho resident, in Idaho, that's 21 or older, doesn't actually need a permit, and I'm thinking that if he was actually an unarmed enhanced permit holder, he'd know that. The guy he was trying to intimidate could have actually been legally carrying for real, and possibly have called his bluff.

Stuff like this is hard. Since we only get one side of the story here who knows. Does sound like the guy let his mouth get ahead of him. It is stuff like this that got my Wife to buy me my first body cam though. Was walking new puppy. Guys dog runs out to street to try to make meal out of my dog. I was pissed and armed. I yelled at house as teen kids who let dog out thought this was quite funny. Dogs owner comes out and I asked him is this your dog? He said yes and got real aggressive. I said fine, you let it come after me in the street again and I will stop it for you. He then wanted to fight. I said no problem I will swear out a complaint and we will let a judge decide. He then called 911. So I waited just down the street for boys in blue. They came, spoke, left. I get home and Wife is all on me, what did you do. Police were here, animal control was here. I calmly told her I had spoken to both. Guy with Dog got visit from animal control and was told they would try to get me to let this go with a warning to him. He was according to the officer VERY contrite by this point and I did let it go. Wife on the other hand ordered me a body cam for walking dogs. We have one with us whenever we are out with them now. Things have been a GREAT solution to this kind of stuff. I wear it any time we out out hiking too for just this reason. If something "happens", there is no he said she said. What was said is plainly on tape. Now of course if someone can't control themselves or their words this can be a two edged sword :)

body cam good idea , you know it seems as everywhere you go someone has a half pulled pin,
their is just so much anger anymore ,

They are great to have and like all tech have gotten very good and very cheap. Now days so many people have gone their entire life and never held accountable for what they do. This is what leads to much of this out of control behavior. The "out of control" part is them choosing to be that way. If you are told all your life nothing is your fault why practice self control? So of course when they get in trouble the next thing they do is lie. These cams mean no more claims. Several times when walking one dog and some confrontation would start the camera would bring it to a sudden halt. When I would point to it and say "this is a video camera, all this is being recorded". You can see the look on their face as it sinks in. It's why I have long said if I was a Cop now and my department would not buy one I would buy my own. They save good Cops and can help weed out the few bad.

I don't know... A big mouth with an out of control dog and his friends are coming at me, I may say or threaten most anything to get them away from me and the wife.
It may or may not be effective, but sometimes you do what you feel you have to.
This time it worked.

Where this story spins out of control is that several people reported seeing a gun or that he threatened them with his gun. Not that he threatened them with his CCW. And the police are not going after those that made false reports!

Remember a year or so back when a couple in Walmart claimed some guy was threatening people with a gun, And the cops responded and killed him?
It turned out the couple made the whole thing up! The guy had a toy gun in his shopping cart! and security footage shows the guy just shopping.

I don't think the couple has had their day in court yet! This happened about the time Bloomies people were advocating "If you see a gun, call the cops and make the story good enough they will have to take action!"

This just looks like If I was not able to punk you with my dog I'll sick the cops on you! And the cops don't want to be bothered with those filing a false report!
DR

Last dog that attacked me got an extra training session on socialization around others. Mrs Park Picnic unleashed dog owner was very upset Fifi was treated in an unkind manner. I helpfully referenced park dog leash rules. I may have used "colorful" language.

I've found that people are even more upset when you shoot their animals.

Last dog that attacked me got an extra training session on socialization around others. Mrs Park Picnic unleashed dog owner was very upset Fifi was treated in an unkind manner. I helpfully referenced park dog leash rules. I may have used "colorful" language.

I've found that people are even more upset when you shoot their animals.

I have found that almost all people who let an aggressive dog run free act like asshats when anything happens. Decade or so ago I almost shot a Pit at a local ball field. Woman had HUGE pit, no leash, some cones and such around. She was trying to do some kind of training. I walked in on the other side of the place and as soon as her dog saw us he came at a dead run. I picked my dog up and pulled out a gun. She was screaming her head off at her dog to stop and at me that he was friendly. Only reason her dog lived was it looked to me like she was right. He ran up and jumped up on me, but he was just wanting to play with my dog. When she caught up she was all kinds of mad. I put gun away and pulled out cell phone. Told her no problem Police will be here shortly and they can help you read that sign about dogs on a leash. She called me a few choice names and left. So all was well.

In Idaho threatning with a CCW doesn't necessarily mean "I gotta GUN."
It could also mean "I gotta a knife over 4" long,"... which also requires CCW to carry concealed.
Depending on his verbiage, he's not threatening at all, unless one finds a wallet sized card threatening.
Way I see it unless he actually brandishes a weapon, it's the equivalent of saying, "I know Karate" to ward off a bully... Then again I'm not a pussified snowflake that has let the media and other snowflakes scare me into believing I should be scared and offended by everything that could possibly be considered scary or offensive reguardless of common sense.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads