JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just watched a very motivational video from iraqvetren8888. There was a lot of content, but the big standout for me was the topic of arming our teachers in school.
I'm pretty much as pro gun as it gets. I'm ok with the argument to ban this or ban that, whatever it is. We live in a democracy where all get to voice their opinions. And when tragic things like school shootings happen, there's always a huge cry to ban some kind of gun, or restrict some part, or meter some rights in some way.
I guess I just don't understand why we are not protecting our children.
Obviously we know there is a problem. We protect everything else, especially when money is being protected. For real? Our children have officially become targets for the deranged, and the lefty flakes are whining about rifles that have a black finish on them. The left is absolutely clueless on so many levels, and it's hard to fault them for their ignorance. They just don't like guns. It's the media and social networking that is creating and pronouciating the deepening divide in our values and political views.

I am convinced. The first answer is to arm our teachers. Protect our children. Once our children are safe, then continue your stupid arguments over evil looking guns.

I am sure that some teachers do not want anything to do with guns. I see that on Facebook. But some would be willing to be trained and armed, yet some even leave their training as well as weapon at home in order to abide by the law. If there's not enough faculty willing to arm themselves, hire guards. The bank does it. I've seen 7-11's that hire armed guards!
My son in his fourth year at college, on his way to a teaching degree with the intention of teaching high school right here in our neighborhood. There's no reason he should be a victim when he has the tools and training to be part of the solution.
I want to share a couple links, the first is HR34 the safe student act. It's a start, but it does not REQUIRE schools to protect our children on a federal level.
The second is the video I watched this morning. If you're not familiar with Chad and Eric, they are fun to watch and good solid people.

H.R.34 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): Safe Students Act

Liberals have several specific arguments to not arming teachers and I can demolish every one.

1) teachers aren't trained to use guns - solution, make it legal for a teacher to carry in schools after a certain level of training has been achieved. For example: they seem to think cops are the end all be all to training, if a teacher can pass a cops pistol qual that argument is dead.

2) bringing guns to school is dangerous - school resource officers already bring guns to school, there is no difference because guns are already brought to school by cops

3) we shouldn't have to do this for schools - solution, I agree, I would prefer evil would just leave kids alone, but evil never stops just because something is illegal, that's why we still hve murder and rape every year even though they are illegal, so we have to have a plan to respond to evil that evil respects, force.

4) we should just ban the ownership of guns - solution, not only would that infringe on the rights of millions of law abiding Americans, but it wouldn't stop evil. 2 men blew up the Boston marathon with pressure cookers. The fact is we couldn't ban everything that evil could potentially use to enact its plan.

Hope they pass it..... But the state's laws will also need to change.

My son teaches in Idaho and has been Down Range in the sandbox, and carries everyday.

He is waiting to be asked to be one to carry while teaching at school, he has tell me he would in a heartbeat!!!!

And having served as a combat medic he HAS ALSO the medical training needed.

Let's push This to get passed.

I think "arming teachers" is the wrong way to look at it and say it and sounds bad to the average soccer mom or fudd. I think removing the prohibition on self defense and allowing teachers to make the personal decision whether to take on the responsibility is more accurate.

The naysayers should also be reminded that concealed carriers commit crime at a rate lower than law enforcement.

The media is trying to make it sound like they want to force the 75yo librarian to pack a gun.

Last Edited:
teachers should be allowed to carry if they want to. guns arent for everyone nor feasable for SOME teachers... i get that. but why NOT let teachers who want to carry, carry.

schools also should have metal detectors and armed guards IMO. its like that at the courthouse and the airport. why are those more important than our kids?

I think "arming teachers" is the wrong way to look at it and say it and sounds bad to the average soccer mom or fudd. I think removing the prohibition on self defense and allowing teachers to make the personal decision whether to take on the responsibility is more accurate.

The naysayers should also be reminded that concealed carriers commit crime at a rate lower than law enforcement.

The media is trying to make it sound like they want to force the 75yo librarian to pack a gun.
Excellent point. Take control of the language before the opposition does. Kill the spin.

DWg22RgU0AAjwXq.jpg

Hers the number for the United States Capitol switchboard (202) 224-3121. Call your senator and let their office know. And while your at it call the NRA and tell them to stop their pandering and to stand firm on the second amendment!

Liberals have several specific arguments to not arming teachers and I can demolish every one.

1) teachers aren't trained to use guns - solution, make it legal for a teacher to carry in schools after a certain level of training has been achieved. For example: they seem to think cops are the end all be all to training, if a teacher can pass a cops pistol qual that argument is dead.

2) bringing guns to school is dangerous - school resource officers already bring guns to school, there is no difference because guns are already brought to school by cops

3) we shouldn't have to do this for schools - solution, I agree, I would prefer evil would just leave kids alone, but evil never stops just because something is illegal, that's why we still hve murder and rape every year even though they are illegal, so we have to have a plan to respond to evil that evil respects, force.

4) we should just ban the ownership of guns - solution, not only would that infringe on the rights of millions of law abiding Americans, but it wouldn't stop evil. 2 men blew up the Boston marathon with pressure cookers. The fact is we couldn't ban everything that evil could potentially use to enact its plan.

American123, you bring up exactly what is circulating in the leftist cries for help, and these have been a rally point for years with the ant-gun crowd. But of your 4 points made, the only one with any kind of validity is topic #2. We shouldn't have to.
The resent rise in school shootings makes this very obviously not the case. It's like there is some kind of disconnect here with the opposing arguments. It seems as if the simple fact that our children need protection is being held hostage by a leftist political agenda against gun, and the real problem is not being addressed. Which is simply that our children need protection.

Why isn't this track getting more attention for those that genuinely want their kids safe in schools?

teachers should be allowed to carry if they want to. guns arent for everyone nor feasable for SOME teachers... i get that. but why NOT let teachers who want to carry, carry.

schools also should have metal detectors and armed guards IMO. its like that at the courthouse and the airport. why are those more important than our kids?

This!!! We can beat this to death and talk about it in every thread and they still aren't going to listen to us. :mad:

Hers the number for the United States Capitol switchboard (202) 224-3121. Call your senator and let their office know. And while your at it call the NRA and tell them to stop their pandering and to stand firm on the second amendment!

Gesaky I have done this. I have written letters, written emails, made phone calls, even spoken with those in person who write our laws. And every time, without fail, I receive a cookie cutter vague response pointing out the fact that they heard or saw my message but could care less what it says or means.

<broken link removed>

Clean out your inbox

what we need to do is hire some retired LEO's or other well trained fireams folks to work as security in the schools and then tell the world our kids are protected . NO MORE SCHOOL SHOOTINGS BECAUSE THESE COWARDS ARE NOT GOING TO CONFRONT THE FACE OF CERTAIN DEATH. PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with arming and training teachers who want to carry - no requirement for those that don't want to carry as they would be likely more of a danger. Let them get training by local LE's so they understand a little something not only about how to engage a shooter if needed, but to better understand the tactics the LE's use.

But, I wouldn't make teachers the first line of defense. I'd rather see several controlled entry points for each school, with each entry set up to screen each incoming person by armed security. They are the first line of defense. If they go down, then the teachers can step in if they wish. I just don't see making the teachers the first line in this plan. If we're serious about this, we'll find the money for professional, armed security (preferably former LE and/or military) and prevent the shooter from getting in the building in the first place.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews