JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
2013 Likely To Be The Safest Year For Cops In Decades

In my lifetime and given the number of officers, in a century.

In that we so often hear about the threats firearms mean to society and law and order, one has to wonder
why blood is not running in the streets.

One thing we may need to get our Pol's to add to the FBI statistics - How Often Cops Deploy Their Weapons & How Often Those Are Used.

"While several government agencies and private groups keep track of cops killed and assaulted on the job, there's no comprehensive national data on how often police shoot at citizens.)"

It's just not that dangerous to be a cop; the profession isn't even in the top ten of most deadly, according to BLS statistics. Sorry, but I don't have the link handy.
IIRC, just living in Philadelphia or "Nawlens" is more likely to get you killed than working as the average US cop.

What I would like to gather and report is how many times has someone (good guy) with a gun stepped in and saved an LE.
Those would be valuable numbers to have since the MSM refuses to report anything pro gun.
It would be nice to roll them up and stuff them up the brain canal of the media mainliners.

I chased chockers right outta highschool

in my mid to late 20s I ws a commercial fisherman outta Charleston, and did 4 tours in ALaska

now Im a truckdriver

that covers 3 of the 10

It's just not that dangerous to be a cop; the profession isn't even in the top ten of most deadly, according to BLS statistics. Sorry, but I don't have the link handy.
IIRC, just living in Philadelphia or "Nawlens" is more likely to get you killed than working as the average US cop.
If you subtract the unnecessary car chases/ wrecks and the single cruiser accidents, the death stats would probably be miniscule compared to other industries. Saying that I wouldn't want that job for any pay. Dealing with lowlife drunks/ drug users, abusive parents, domestic issues etc. daily must affect your outlook on humanity.

That is one of the biggest issues to affect LE.
They constantly deal with the worst that society has to offer. It creates a negative outlook and or depression in many of them.
I definitely would not want the job on a 24-7 basis.

Suicide is probably a bigger problem for LE than homicide.

When I said being a cop wasn't that dangerous, I meant intentional homicide and non-negligent manslaughter, which is what the BLS stats carve out. It's less than half the on-the-job fatalities for LE, and works out to a nine-point-something per 100,000 rate, versus nineteen-point-something homicide rate for all residents of Philadelphia, where my only child lives.

What I would like to gather and report is how many times has someone (good guy) with a gun stepped in and saved an LE.
Those would be valuable numbers to have since the MSM refuses to report anything pro gun.
It would be nice to roll them up and stuff them up the brain canal of the media mainliners.

The American Rifleman magazine (one that comes with NRA membership) always lists about a half dozen examples of how armed citizens stopped an attack or crime. I've seen a couple in recent months for events right here in the Seattle area... funny, I don't recall hearing squat from our neutral, non-biased press :s0114:

The American Rifleman magazine (one that comes with NRA membership) always lists about a half dozen examples of how armed citizens stopped an attack or crime. I've seen a couple in recent months for events right here in the Seattle area... funny, I don't recall hearing squat from our neutral, non-biased press :s0114:

Armed citizen -
Yes, but there needs to be some real stats on the times a citizen used a firearm to save or defend an LE OFFICER. There have been many, but never reported since it goes against the lefts agenda.

Well, the 2013 statistics are final, and the total police deaths by firearm (33) is the lowest in 126 years. I wonder how many more cops there are now, compared to 1887?
2013: fewest police deaths by firearms since 1887
Total line-of-duty deaths total 111, which is the lowest in 54 years.

So whatever we're doing, it's working! Killings of all types are at generational lows across the US, down 70% in 20 years, and the police homicide rate has fallen even faster.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top