JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Portland Police Investigating Armed Robbery of Marijuana Dispensary - 05/17/13
On Thursday May 16, 2013, at approximately 11:30 a.m., East Precinct officers responded to ReLeaf MM, located at 1034 Southeast 122nd Avenue, on the report of an armed robbery.

Officers arrived and spoke to the victim, who told police that the robbery occurred approximately 45 minutes earlier but the victim informed his boss before calling 9-1-1.

The victim and another employee told police that the suspect entered the business and approached the counter, armed with a handgun, and ordered them onto the floor. The suspect stole wallets, phones and keys, as well as an undisclosed amount of cash from the business. The suspect held one employee at gunpoint while demanding another fill a large duffel bag with marijuana.

The suspect is described as an African American male, 25-30 years old, 6'2" tall, 190 pounds, with a deep voice, wearing a black hoodie, black ski mask, gray sweatpants, and gloves. A possible suspect vehicle is described as a 2005-2010 dark blue Ford Explorer.

Surveillance video of the robbery is available for viewing and download at: PPB CASE 13-39459 - YouTube

Anyone with information about this robbery is asked to contact Det. Bill Winters at (503) 823-0466.

Portland Police Bureau news via FlashAlert.Net

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda makes me laugh
I would definitely have an armed guard at the door. Gunna run any business that stocks untraceable goods like that you should be armed.

Just too bad I guess.

With these new Multnomah County laws, could the owner/employee have open carried in his own store?

I think a look at the camera before you are "buzzed in" entrance security system should have been in place.

Any person that risks 20 years in jail for something like this is an idiot, but gotta say he was pretty organized and down to business. He also was not any more violent than he needed to be. A lot of robbers would have clobbered them over the head or tied them up to buy more escape time.

That is a lot of pot. My guess is someone will snitch him out.

Didn't appear to have finger on trigger. Did he maybe know them? Why not sell the crap through a drawer and a bullet proof window like European banks do with cash transactions?
Nothing seemed locked up, not even a hint of security except the camera.
How much is that duffle bag of pot worth BTW? Last time I partook Clinton was prez.

I get they are all laid back and what not, but they really need to operate these places more like check cashing places. These aren't cigarettes that you can get from any 7-11 on the block that these folks are dealing with. It's a drug that is still, technically, outlawed at the federal level. There should be bullet resistant glass between the sellers and the patrons.

The perp also seemed to know his way around a little too well. Maybe an inside job. A customer that has cased the place before or a friend of an employee.

I get they are all laid back and what not, but they really need to operate these places more like check cashing places. These aren't cigarettes that you can get from any 7-11 on the block that these folks are dealing with. It's a drug that is still, technically, outlawed at the federal level. There should be bullet resistant glass between the sellers and the patrons.

What planet do you live on?

Haha,know someone who can move it?
You think he'll really have any problem? It's probably in Seattle right now

pot is very commonly used but selling that amount will take either time or someone to sell it too. the thing about pot dealers is they usually smoke it too. you get a bit relaxed and tell the wrong person about your score and things start to crumble. its very unlikely this guy is a regular dealer in this kind of weight and he will likely he will try to employ some friends, one will get caught and roll over, im sure of it.

pot is very commonly used but selling that amount will take either time or someone to sell it too. the thing about pot dealers is they usually smoke it too. you get a bit relaxed and tell the wrong person about your score and things start to crumble. its very unlikely this guy is a regular dealer in this kind of weight and he will likely he will try to employ some friends, one will get caught and roll over, im sure of it.

Maybe.
The amount he took can buy some gas to get out of the region and make a good score

100 ways to sell some weed..........by yourself

I'll bet you a cheeseburger and some fries

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class