Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Are there any Youth Mentor-ship programs in OR or WA?

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by Cogs, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Cogs

Cogs Washougal, WA. Volunteer Coordinator 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Are there any Oregon or Washington programs that help a financially-strapped youth to get started hunting? I am curious to know if there is a program that will help a young boy or girl, from a low income family, with the costs of hunting. Such as; Hunter Safety, Lic & Tags, mentor-ship, shooting range practice, an actual hunt, meat processing and so forth. Rifle or Bow.

You get the idea, a 'turn-key' start to finish type of program where a family can not pay for all that, yet, the child shows an interest and desire to hunt. A program that helps to cultivate the next generation of hunters.

Bill

2. BFR45/70

BFR45/70 Clackamas Active Member

Hello Bill , if you find a program or know of a young person interested in hunting but dont know how or have the means to go about it please let me know . I have 40 years hunting exp, extra guns ,cots , ammo and time to teach . You have a great idea I hope it catches on and more hunters will teach and pass on whats becoming a lost art of hunting .

Cogs likes this.
  3. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

You could name it "The Ginny Burdick Shooting and Hunting Mentorship Program"

Seriously, that is a great idea! I'm going to check out what ARPC has to offer. They do have youth shooting opportunitys but for members only or for the general public I don't know. SRG

Okay, APRC offers community education, including;
    1. Hunter Safety Courses
    2. Small Bore and Trap Shooting classes

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    Cogs likes this.