JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have some very long black powder rifles that require a tall safe.

They used to make small tall safes, but seemingly not anymore. At least, I can't find one.

Anyone know of one that might fit the bill?

Depending on your security requirements... steel equipment lockers are 72" tall.

Example: http://www.costco.com/Tennsco-Single-Tier-Locker-Medium-Gray.product.11129312.html

350-633268-847__1.jpg

Most of mine are flintlocks and they recommend not removing the barrels when pinned. So I never take them apart. But not a bad idea for sure.

That cabinet would probably work fine. I'll check it out!

Quick search on the internet (Sportsmans Guide) turns up a Sentry Safe that has an internal height of 63.6" in a 14 gun model that might give enough room to lean a bit longer rifle to fit.

Sportsmans Guide only has a Sentry handgun safe, just looked.

That Sentry safe shows up in various searches however it's always out of stock. Either they have obsoleted it or they just make an occasional run of the safe and sell out in-between. That was the first (and only) small safe I've seen that would work however you can't find them anywhere. At least I haven't over the last year of searching. But thanks for taking a look too.

Sentry was the one that jumped out at me in my search and seemed reasonably priced. It looks like a lot of companies make 72" safes but they all look pricey to me; you didn't indicate what price range you are looking in but $2k+ seems to be what I saw.

The tall ones are also all very large (and expensive), which is why I specified "small" like the Sentry. The Sentry would be perfect for me but they decided to obsolete it and not replace it with anything.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top