JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With a good 75-80% of the .223's power, the M1 Cabine will do the job 95% of the time. The M1 Carbine is no slouch. It is also a pound lighter than the AR15. (That's worth keeping in mind).

I believe that the M1 Carbine is far better than most people think.

To be fair, an AR can be built lightweight.

I'm not knocking the M1 carbine, it can be a handy rifle, but for practicality there isn't much going for it vs other rifles. Not to say you should not get one (really an argument can be made for anyone to get any rifle that functions), just that there isn't much for it.

Granted I'd get one just cause it isn't an AR (moved away from ARs a while ago) and its different, but it doesn't do much for me function wise.

I just got one. Shot it for the first time today. At 50yds it was printing 2-3" with surplus boxer primed noncorrosive ammo. Is this typical accuracy?

I didn't have any malfunctions. This is the Springfield Armory forged/milled receiver made by LMT in the late 90's built with an Inland General Motors barrel dated 1945. Shiny bore, still had cosmoline on internals. May have been unfired. Scored for $700 with 1000 rounds of ammo included.

IMG_1419.JPG

I just got one. Shot it for the first time today. At 50yds it was printing 2-3" with surplus boxer primed noncorrosive ammo. Is this typical accuracy?

I didn't have any malfunctions. This is the Springfield Armory forged/milled receiver made by LMT in the late 90's built with an Inland General Motors barrel dated 1945. Shiny bore, still had cosmoline on internals. May have been unfired. Scored for $700 with 1000 rounds of ammo included.

View attachment 581113

VERY nice! Yes that is the kind of accuracy that is more than fine for what you had to try it out with. No doubt you can shrink the groups playing with some other ammo. Damn those are fun little rifles and that one looks like a great one.

VERY nice! Yes that is the kind of accuracy that is more than fine for what you had to try it out with. No doubt you can shrink the groups playing with some other ammo. Damn those are fun little rifles and that one looks like a great one.
I'm going to get 30carbine dies and reload for it. Anybody have good recipe recommendations they would share?

I'm going to get 30carbine dies and reload for it. Anybody have good recipe recommendations they would share?

I've read that H-110 was the original powder used in .30 carbine. I haven't loaded for mine yet as I'm still emptying the Armscore rounds I got after I bought the rife. Mines not an original. It's one of the new models from Inland Manufacturing. It's shot like a dream with zero hick-ups though. If you paid $700.00 WITH a K of ammo, you done real good! What kind of ammo came with it?

I've read that H-110 was the original powder used in .30 carbine. I haven't loaded for mine yet as I'm still emptying the Armscore rounds I got after I bought the rife. Mines not an original. It's one of the new models from Inland Manufacturing. It's shot like a dream with zero hick-ups though. If you paid $700.00 WITH a K of ammo, you done real good! What kind of ammo came with it?

Looks like Milsurp mostly

View attachment 581113
Dude, you made the steal of the century! ;)