JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Most shops won't accept ammo for liability reasons, but during these times of scarcity, I've heard some shops have relaxed this a bit. Probably best to call them.

I should have added pawn shops to the original question, as I imagine they'd be more flexible on this.
But then the question becomes "which pawn shops in the Portland area sell guns and ammo?"

I hear ya, but it's still the same as what's priced on shelves currently. I just wonder if demand has shrank because people aren't in panic mode like they still were even a month ago. When prices on gas and lumber and other necessities sky rocket like they are doing now (gee, wonder why?) then I think people tend to stop buying up ammo and other "luxuries".

But just for bubblegumz and grins, i'll drop the price to $25 a box instead of 30... and see what happens. It's certainly not doing me any good sitting on my shelf.

So Im pretty sure there is no Federal 'law' in-such as you can not return store bought commercially made ammo. It is a local ownership ruling, they dont want the chance of someone reloading ammo with wrong powder or primers etc etc, but if you buy ammo and it is clearly faulty they have to make good, they will make you jump through hoops of fire, but in the end you will get your money back. I had a issue about 3 years ago or so with some .243 win called PERFECTA, I had never heard of them the price was stupid cheap I think .28-C per round or so (duhhh), I bought 400 rounds , just for plinking and such. The first 2 rounds i fired where fine, the 3rd round i could not get the empty brass casing out i had to use a bore rod and tap it out..the next 8 round would not fit into my mag ( to long) and the next 6 rounds would not chamber at all, it was like they were to fat). I called the company i had bought the case from, No sorry we dont take back ammo click...call 2..but but the ammo wont fit into my mag..your mags must be defective,,me..but all my other 243 win fits, no sorry,.. not sorry we dont take back ammo...call 3 hey i want my money back or im calling the ATF..them..here call the people who manufactured it..( fiocchi ammo) them..we didnt make this ammo click...call 4..but they said you did, i would like my money back...them fine our sister company made this stuff but we had nothing to do with it...after consulting with a firearms attorney ..they told me to check the CIP Table Cartouse that must be stamped on every box of sold ammo. Me..its your CIP markings on their box...them..its our sister company and im not sure about that...2 weeks later..Me ok you jug heads im taking all this junk ammo to the ATF...them 1 day later, we will refund the total amount or we will give you a deal in other ammo..me..go f yourselves..the atf said thank you..and I noticed that after a few weeks no more crappy perfecta ammo was anywhere..your welcome lololol. I have for long time now, thought that buying second hand ammo from some random dude off the WWW was just looking for trouble..and after seeing KY Ballistics vid...I might not ever buy used stuff again..but then again mass produced stuff from tula/or red army is just junk and your taking your life into your hand using it.. So think about it, say you walk into your local pawn shop, buy a few boxes of 7mm rem mag..hit the range and boom, it blew up, you lose your fingers or your eye sight, the guy next to you was also hurt..whom is at fault??????

Last Edited:
But just for bubblegumz and grins, i'll drop the price to $25 a box instead of 30... and see what happens. It's certainly not doing me any good sitting on my shelf.

They sold in just a few minutes :)

I have plenty of ammo...
Do you shoot?

Or did you just buy up ammunition "to have" because everyone else was/everyone said to/hype?

Honestly curious is all. Your stuff to do as you wish.

I shoot roundabout 250 of 9mm a week. Sometimes less, sometimes more. Depends how often in a week we can hit the club, or if I go solo.

Do you shoot?

Or did you just buy up ammunition "to have" because everyone else was/everyone said to/hype?

Honestly curious is all. Your stuff to do as you wish.

I shoot roundabout 250 of 9mm a week. Sometimes less, sometimes more. Depends how often in a week we can hit the club, or if I go solo.
Yes, I shoot every week, all three of my guns.

I have plenty of ammo, but am low on cash.
Looking for a 1911 in .45 ACP and wondering if anyone knows of gun shops in the Portland area who are willing to take ammo instead of cash.
I would say your best bet would be selling the ammo privately then using the funds to buy the gun. I know I wouldn't take on the liability as a gun shop of selling that ammo but you never know.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top