JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree with Hapuna who in their right mind would say that its the right way to run a forum where you could only run 1 ad per month thats insane ,from what i know of this forum
its been set up where you can exercise your right to free enterprise.if you post an allful lot then your acting as a business, meaning firearms.those that do it as a hobby no harm no foul.we like to change our firearms so what .we do it legal. this is not even close to the type of venue's on craigslist. don't change a dang thing, keep this forum for us. we like it. More members need to chime in speak your mind.do you want 1 ad per month. speak up

I always thought it should be like the AR15.com EE.

No bumping the thread until 72hours have passed since the last post.

To answer questions, one must edit the original post.

If one bumps their ad too soon, then the ad is locked.

+1 to the 72-hours and locking a thread for an OP who repeatedly bumps their thread after being warned.

I don't like the answer thing, since the question-asker will no long receive emails that their question was answered. I think the xHours since last post in the thread is a good idea though.

Exactly. And a legitimate question asked seems to me to be a legitimate reason for the OP to offer a new post to answer. But that answer would also re-start the 72-hour clock for the next bump. :s0155:

This seems counterproductive as adding more rules to a fairly simple policy is like adding more gun laws. As it is its straightforward and should be simple to follow and is not so different from other sites. The other issue is if you blow it away after 30 days you defeat one of the goals which is to allow folks to use this as a way to determine the value of their guns.

Yep, I think keeping the closed/locked threads accessible (to those that bother searching 20 pages deep to find something) is a valuable resource worth keeping. :D

Confirmation of the

It seems to me you should report the post and note the issue so the mod can deal with it if he feels its warranted. Its the triangle in the lower left of the post box.

I am especially opposed to SOLD Items not being removed, indicated in the thread TITLE or locked. We should be able to enforce the existing rules ourselves and report the violators as again the moderators can't catch every infraction.
rhtwist

+1 :s0155: to hapuna and nightshade.

If people actually read the stickies or rules.....there's the first problem.

As for bumping within a week, I know that there's more ads now so your ad doesn't stay on the first page more than 1 day. I love the selection and pictures as much as the next guy, but if you're selling you want it in front of your intended audience as long as possible. So it's tempting to bump it.

I don't agree with an ad per month. If I've got 3 guns to sell, waiting 3 months to sell them is ridiculous. (I believe in 1 gun per ad)

Also, I believe that vendor ads should be in their own section with appropriate subsections for handguns, rifles, and parts. No offense to anyone here, but separating private sellers from vendors I think is fair.

Generally speaking though...I don't have a problem with the classifieds. I can work in a free market....I prefer it actually.

+1 :s0155: to hapuna and nightshade.

If people actually read the stickies or rules.....there's the first problem.

As for bumping within a week, I know that there's more ads now so your ad doesn't stay on the first page more than 1 day. I love the selection and pictures as much as the next guy, but if you're selling you want it in front of your intended audience as long as possible. So it's tempting to bump it.

I don't agree with an ad per month. If I've got 3 guns to sell, waiting 3 months to sell them is ridiculous. (I believe in 1 gun per ad)

Also, I believe that vendor ads should be in their own section with appropriate subsections for handguns, rifles, and parts. No offense to anyone here, but separating private sellers from vendors I think is fair.

Generally speaking though...I don't have a problem with the classifieds. I can work in a free market....I prefer it actually.

Why not put all 3 guns 'For Sale' in one ad? Fewer ads, less reason to bump it.

I thought the purpose of this forum was primarily a place to share firearms information, not a 'buy & sell' venue. Maybe I'm wrong? :confused:

The purpose of my 'ridiculous thought' was to stop people who are using this site only as a selling format. Further, there are numerious 'value' or 'blue book' sites designed to gain knowledge of firearms prices, so retaining pages of old ads for some to use as references, again seems contrary to the purpose of this forum.

There was some 'talk' about this in another section, where it was concerning that the classified posts were booming, while the discussion posts were deminishing. Maybe this, or something similar, would help??

OK, maybe 1 ad per month, per section, per member. :D
Frog.

There were rules, when I signed on, here. I agreed to the rules as a condition of membership. I assume everyone was expected to read, and adhere to, the rules also. More rules do not help, if folks haven't read what they already agreed to.

As far as limiting trades? I've collected firearms for a long time, and I'm surrounded by acquaintances and collectors that are always willing to share their knowledge, to perpetuate our love of firearms. Part of our hobby, involves trading guns. Because I buy, sell, or trade, more than one gun a month, does not make me a bad person, nor does an active classifieds section make this a bad forum.

WAYNO.

Because I buy, sell, or trade, more than one gun a month, does not make me a bad person, nor does an active classifieds section make this a bad forum.

I was not suggesting either. The differences, as I've seen it, is that the classified section has gone from 'active' to 'flooded' and that the Forum seems to be headed towards a 'Outdoor Trader' from it's original intent.

If you want a venue to buy sell and trade. No problem. Just questioning if this is the place.

Let's stop and think for a second. One issue that started this discussion was the 'Bumping' problem.

So here's what I'm talking about. A NWFA member has a item he/she no longer needs or requires. They place a ad to sell or trade it. Because of the numbers of members using this site as a 'sale for profit or gain' venue, their ad is very quickly pushed to the 3rd or 4th page. This is what has caused people to pre-maturely Bump. In a very short time the ad is terminally displaced.

Finialy, I don't know if 'ad limiting' is the answer. Further, it is not my decission to make. It was only offered as a suggestion. :D

Frog.

Last Edited:
I read the rules, and I read the Mission statement.

NorthwestFirearms.com was founded with three goals in mind, which comprise our mission statement:

Provide a family friendly online community for firearm enthusiasts of the Northwest to meet other enthusiasts, discuss various topics, share news, buy, sell, & trade, organize events, and much more.

Provide a resource for firearm owners to organize themselves for the purpose of protecting the second amendment and our firearm rights, as well as defeating gun-control legislation and anti-gun candidates.

Spread the message of safe firearm use and ownership, while promoting self defense, shooting sports, hunting, and collecting.

I joined because I wanted to buy a handgun that would not be on a confiscate list. This is my goal. I also wanted to learn more about the guns I have already and to become more familiar with firearm laws. I also wanted a forum to sell on also.

I think this forum will be nearly invaluable to me as I go forward in life. I do not want to post anything or do anything that would limit my ability to use the forum.

Rules can be good, How they are enforced is up to Joey L, rules say 1 bump a week, I can live with that.

Frog Quote: Because of the numbers of members using this site as a 'sale for profit or gain' venue, their ad is very quickly pushed to the 3rd or 4th page."

I think this just comes from learning to use a forum. first I always check new posts since my last visit to see what I might be interested in. If looking for somethng in particular for sale I use the "search" feature which works great.

Now for 1 really good rule!
NO ADS FOR SALE OR TRADE FROM ANYONE IN OREGON UNLESS THERE IS AN OFFSETTING AD FROM WASHINGTON.

:s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114:
Yeah I know Not very likely.

Bumb=send me to jail or take my birthday away or take my job and pay check away , or never mind lost my job 3 months ago,give me a ticket for doing
30 in a 25,this is the only grade school bumP rules website I am a member of

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads