JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a smart drop dead cute Niece who has a MS in Micology. The Study of fungus. Pretty much knows all about mushrooms. She got a job first out of grad school working in a beer brewery in Portland. There she studied yeasts. :)

Got some free beer also. I always wanted to work in a brewery. Hick! :)

Put me in the camp of legalize it.

I am not, nor have I ever been a user of them or any other drug, but frankly I do not see the sense or justification to impose laws about what a consenting person puts into their body. People will do what they will do, but I do not want to give the government the right to injure, imprison, or impoverish people over possession or consumption of naturally occurring substances. I lean strongly libertarian, but I would petsonally draw the line at synthetic drugs. So pot, opium, coke, and shrooms, etc OK - LSD, meth, bath salts, and krokidil (i think thats how its spelled) would not be OK.

I do not think just because some dude in a white lab coat with a fancy piece of paper on his wall says something is safe makes it so. Most doctors I have been too probably could not tell you the active ingredients in half the crap they prescribe. For godsake, Pharmaseutical Representatives make a damn good living going around to doctors offices and hospitals getting them to push this drug or that. They are legal drug pushers. Only difference between the drug cartels and big pharma are which governments they pull the strings with, and the color of the shirts their armed agents wear. Both sell stuff that will either make you happy, make you calm, make your pain go away or kill you.

Get rid of drug laws, get rid of gun laws, get rid of blue laws, and stop incarcerating people for non violent offenses. Keep bad guys behind bars, reopen the nut houses and keep the crazies inside, and non violent offenders get to spend time at work camps, farms etc repaying their debts - and leave the rest of us the hell alone and stop making every damn thing a crime. But that wont happen because a free society is harder to control. If we are all criminals, we are easier to control, easier to stigmatize, and easier to round up if the powers that be so choose.

I worked in a mushroom factory in Salem, in all parts of the process except the picking and seeding (you have to be trained for those) before they closed it down.

Most commercial mushrooms are grown in a mixture of livestock manure (they use horse manure where I was), straw, ammonia nitrate fertilizer and water, mixed together with a special tractor attachment. Mushrooms in the wild usually grow on decomposing plant matter (usually fallen trees, but also plant matter in the ground), not fecal matter.

We'll clarify here, the manure that commercially grown (non hallucinogenic) mushrooms are grown in is composted. There are a few varieties of fungus that grow right from the pile of feces, I would guess quite a while after it had fallen from the animal. I haven't done any research into that time frame though.

The white strands are the mycelium, the living fungus. The mushroom itself is simply a 'fruit' of the mycelium that releases spores. The mycelium grows in a blackcompost of straw and horse manure. A bubblegumake mushroom, growing out of a homemade 'log'.Mar 20, 2013
How Are Mushrooms Grown? - Smith Meadows
smithmeadows.com/farm/how-are-mushrooms-grown/

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top