JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Another reason to avoid the state. Just what I need, I already worry about drunk drivers and stoned drivers on top of other illicit impairments in Oregon. Don't need another thing to be concerned about when driving.

Because decriminalizing a mushroom will increase the number of people who drive stoned?

Isn't that like saying that allowing people to buy guns more easily will increase violent crime with guns?

Ive came aroud on the whole weed/shrooms issue. In part that could be due to some libertarian beliefs I have.
If it is decriminalized, at least there will be a product standard and units of measurment for better/safer recreational use (as seen with weed) for the general public.

Because decriminalizing a mushroom will increase the number of people who drive stoned?

Isn't that like saying that allowing people to buy guns more easily will increase violent crime with guns?
Ehhh.. not really, it can embolden those who don't partake to do so without fear of legal action and can lead to poor choices down the road. (Pun intended)

If it is decriminalized, at least there will be a product standard and units of measurment for better/safer recreational use (as seen with weed) for the general public.

Maybe - depends on the law.

If the law allows for commercial sales of a drug, then dosage and purity standards can be applied to commercial sales.

Many 'overdose' episodes are due to unknown dosages and impurities in a product. If standards are applied then that would greatly decrease side effects like overdosing and poisoning. The most typical overdose by illicit drug users is not where they take more and more intentionally, but rather where they take a given product thinking it is a smaller dose when it is significantly more, or where something unknown has been added by the person making the drug.

Ehhh.. not really, it can embolden those who don't partake to do so without fear of legal action and can lead to poor choices down the road. (Pun intended)

Because they don't know about DUI laws?

Because they think it is a good idea to get stoned and then go drive while stoned?

Because they don't already do this now?

The decriminalizing of any drug does not mean DUI laws are not in effect and people know this. It just means they won't get arrested for possession - driving while stoned is still very much illegal.

Heck marijuana is not yet legal and now this? I just watched this guy in the news try to rationalize his proposal:
Kevin Saunders, a mayoral candidate for the city of Marina, just south of the San Francisco Bay, has filed a proposal that would exempt adults over the age of 21 from any penalties over possessing, growing, selling or transporting psychedelic psilocybin mushrooms.
If he can get 365,880 voter signatures by the end of April 2018, the California Psilocybin Legalization Initiative will be placed on the statewide ballot.
Saunders thinks that now is the right time because, he says, the drug can help bridge the current political divide and restore a sense of community.
"The world is really hurting and everybody is at a loss about what's going on right now with Trump, Brexit, the refugee crisis and everything else. I'm at a loss at what to do politically, but the only thing I feel like we could do is get psilocybin into more people's hands," he said.
This guy is really out there....

I didn't click on the link, RVTECH's quotes were enough for me. Any time I hear such crapola it make me thing of the book "Brave New World" It's been many, many years since I read it so I've forgotten most of the fine points of the story. I do remember SOMA though.

Brave New World Theme of Drugs and Alcohol

In Brave New World, drugs aren't just pretty common; they're distributed en masse by the government. Yes, the government. So much for Just Say No, right? The drug in question here is soma, a hallucinogen described as "the perfect drug," with all the benefits (calming, surrealistic, ten-hour long highs) and none of those pesky drawbacks (you know, like brain damage). The citizens of the "World State" have been conditioned to love the drug, and they use it to escape any momentary bouts of dissatisfaction. And we mean any sense of dissatisfaction. The problem, as one character identifies, is that the citizens are essentially enslaved by the drug and turned into mindless drones. So while the government may encourage drug use, it only does so as a means of further controlling the population. How much power do these guys need?

I'm creeped out with the similarities I'm seeing more and more all the time.

The drug in question here is soma, a hallucinogen described as "the perfect drug," with all the benefits (calming, surrealistic, ten-hour long highs) and none of those pesky drawbacks (you know, like brain damage). The citizens of the "World State" have been conditioned to love the drug, and they use it to escape any momentary bouts of dissatisfaction. And we mean any sense of dissatisfaction. The problem, as one character identifies, is that the citizens are essentially enslaved by the drug and turned into mindless drones. So while the government may encourage drug use, it only does so as a means of further controlling the population.

3b319891a879274fd19246d2e2ce9f7d.jpg

How much power do these guys need?

I'm creeped out with the similarities I'm seeing more and more all the time.

Power is a drug, and they want more and more of it.

I'm not at a loss over Trump, and I haven't come across anyone who is at a loss over Trump, let alone needing a crutch for a pathetically weak mentality. :rolleyes:
I wouldn't consider magic mushrooms a "crutch for a weak mind" as usually they do the opposite of strengthen a mind. That's why they're so much fun.
Good for the initiative, tho I think the reasoning suggests some preemptive experimentation on Saunders' part...

I'm all for legalizing mushrooms, but I don't see how brexit and refugees are related.

Personal Point Of View ... May Be Wrong ...

Wow, so many things to say. As a Conservative Agnostic Libertarian I think lots of freedoms and liberties should be left outside any consideration by any government. However ... that being said, any kind of personal choice or power must be balanced by individual intelligent responsibility.

I do not see that happening. The personal responsibility. Ideally lots of stuff should be legal. Lots. Including prostitution, activities of consenting individuals, alcohol, pot, most soft and hard drugs and certainly the more mild variety of mushrooms. But .... again we are not seeing the responsibility.

Sadly it would appear that most folks are just stupid and do not have a clue. Sorry, but i have found this to be true. Just me.

Respectfully.

The one thing that has always stuck in my craw was that we colonized the US, won our independence, went on to build our nation and until the 1910's-30's had no laws on a national level restricting guns(except in a local places like NYC) or drug use. Seems like everything has gone downhill since IMO.

Stomper: exactly correct and thank you. We as a species globally and probably as a people nationally have had it too good for too long. In the natural biological and animal world when this happens and a species becomes too dumb or too numerous Mother Nature takes care of the problem. It is called die back. Maybe it is humans turn?

I hope not. I would be the first on the natural chopping block. My life has been a series of very fortunate events. Extremely lucky indeed. I dread even the 2 months or so camping out in the SW OR USA winter time woods just trying to survive the aftermath of a major earthquake ... or in the fire season, that huge big wild fire. I would not do well.

Why? Lots of reasons. Old age. Medical conditions. Physical fitness or a lack of. In the natural world I would have been long gone a long time ago. In todays American Society, I seem to thrive. Very lucky indeed. My greatest fear is that my luck individually and our species luck globally may quickly run out. Darwin stuff. Big human die back. Yikes! :(

Last Edited:
The one thing that has always stuck in my craw was that we colonized the US, won our independence, went on to build our nation and until the 1910's-30's had no laws on a national level restricting guns(except in a local places like NYC) or drug use. Seems like everything has gone downhill since IMO.

The real beginning of the end was ushered in with the Federal income tax....

if someone wants to eat something that grows in cow sh!t then go ahead. i dont care. their choice

i had to shovel so much cow crap as a farm boy i dont really want anything to do with it now. i wont eat mushrooms of any kind. voluntarily atleast.

:rolleyes:

Stupidity is a right. If you don't own your own body/mind, then you have nothing and you are but a slave to the majority that rules the government and in turn rules you.

The idea that the majority/government knows better than you how to run your life is a fallacy perpetrated on you so that you will accept their rule. They will decide what you can ingest into your body, who you can marry, how you can have sex (and who with), how big the tank on your toilet must be, whether you must wear seat belts in a car or a helmet on your motorcycle/bicycle, what doctors you can see, whether you must have health insurance or not, whether you must "invest" in social security, how much you can put into an IRA/401K, what guns you can own and where you must keep them, and on and on and on...

This is both republicans and democrats. The only difference is what part of your life they want to control, but there is a lot of overlap and they both want to control your life.

libertarians-diligently-plotting-to-take-over-the-world-and-leave-4616504.png

if someone wants to eat something that grows in cow sh!t then go ahead. i dont care. their choice

i had to shovel so much cow crap as a farm boy i dont really want anything to do with it now. i wont eat mushrooms of any kind. voluntarily atleast.

:rolleyes:

I worked in a mushroom factory in Salem, in all parts of the process except the picking and seeding (you have to be trained for those) before they closed it down.

Most commercial mushrooms are grown in a mixture of livestock manure (they use horse manure where I was), straw, ammonia nitrate fertilizer and water, mixed together with a special tractor attachment. Mushrooms in the wild usually grow on decomposing plant matter (usually fallen trees, but also plant matter in the ground), not fecal matter.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top