JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The issue comes up close to home.

Parents Enraged After School Tampers With Students' Cell Phones

As far as I am concerned, confiscating and deleting the videos from the students cell phones is an admission of guilt. Just like flushing the drugs down the toilet. The teachers/administrators doing it are participating in a conspiracy to hide evidence, which is a civil rights issue. Too bad the taxpayers will pay any damages.

I think we need a ballot measure banning any unionization of LEOs. Also, "term limit" all police officers to 5 years of duty. After that, they have to switch to a different profession.

Power corrupts, and we give our LEOs way too much power. We give them entrenched careers, unions to protect them, and police chiefs to block any reform. These are all recipes for a police state.

Hey, HERE in Oregon only one party has to beware of an audio recording. However, your camera phone will be taken as "evidence".

It doesn't matter really. If you are stopped my Albany Police you will notice they already tell you your being recorded. So, in effect, they do know they are being recorded.

Also,

Most people think that a file is actually deleted when you delete it. When you get your phone back there are many programs that allow you to recover deleted files. Further more there are many programs that as soon as the video ends it can be uploaded to a server that is no in the vicinity.

If I have issue, I hope they do take the phone, it will show guilt and I will have the video to prove it.

Last Edited:
I think we need a ballot measure banning any unionization of LEOs. Also, "term limit" all police officers to 5 years of duty. After that, they have to switch to a different profession.

Power corrupts, and we give our LEOs way too much power. We give them entrenched careers, unions to protect them, and police chiefs to block any reform. These are all recipes for a police state.

Term limits, really? So right around the time an officer becomes proficient enough to train his replacement, he does so and leaves? Who would lead this department? Having a chief with under 5 years experience is not a great idea.
Who would mentor newer officers within such a department? Even after working a few years situations come up that have not been handled by an officer previously.
Where would you draw the departments detectives from? This is a position not suited for someone with under 5 years.
SWAT? Assigning rookies would be a disaster.
And as for not allowing unions you would deny LE rights other citizens have?

I am sure when you wrote that it sounded a lot better in you head. But your ideas on LE would make the problems cited worse. Imagine a department with an experience cap of 5 years.

Some of the new Chevy Police cars have a system in place that once the officer exceeds a certain speed, the car sends out an email to the officers sgt. that they are traveling faster than the certain speed. Also if the overheads are used, it automatically starts recording video. Needless to say, the lowly patrol officers don't like this.

Perhaps instead of speculating what cops think, you should actually find out! Sheriff's deputies down here in Jackson county by a wide majority like the dash cams. They make traffic violations a slam dunk in court, and actually protect deputies from false complaints.

As for those LEO's who are not especially fond of them, it makes them aware they must be accountable for their actions.

Get a Mobius Cam. Cig lighter adapter. Turns on/off with ignition. Motion sensor recording. 32g card good for $+ hour loop. Dash Cam Talk

Won't 'save you' in every instance, but for $100 for everything it is well worth the time and effort. I have one in my personal and work vehicle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, on a positive note, many jurisdictions are moving toward making it mandatory for police to wear a camera when on duty. Supposedly to reduce lawsuits, but it might curb the abuse. Also, police in Boston are all having GPS installed in their cars to track them. What is good for the goose.

Sad that you have to go to Russia Today to find a well written article like this.

Watchers watched: Boston cops grumpy over GPS trackers on cruisers ? RT USA

Practically all new vehicles have built-in GPS. OBD III would give LE the ability to monitor not only the emissions status of an equipped vehicle, but also its location and owner info. This is, of course, another piece of California intrusion.

OBD III: The Motor Law Realized » Eric Peters Autos

Get a Mobius Cam. Cig lighter adapter. Turns on/off with ignition. Motion sensor recording. 32g card good for $+ hour loop. Dash Cam Talk

Won't 'save you' in every instance, but for $100 for everything it is well worth the time and effort. I have one in my personal and work vehicle.

Or if you have a smartphone just download a free app.

Last edited by a moderator:
Term limits, really? So right around the time an officer becomes proficient enough to train his replacement, he does so and leaves? Who would lead this department? Having a chief with under 5 years experience is not a great idea.
Who would mentor newer officers within such a department? Even after working a few years situations come up that have not been handled by an officer previously.
Where would you draw the departments detectives from? This is a position not suited for someone with under 5 years.
SWAT? Assigning rookies would be a disaster.
And as for not allowing unions you would deny LE rights other citizens have?

I am sure when you wrote that it sounded a lot better in you head. But your ideas on LE would make the problems cited worse. Imagine a department with an experience cap of 5 years.

I am not going to comment on most of the points but government employees should not be allowed to unionize.

@ comment 39 -
While I might think that is a good idea, the ability of people to group together is one of our essential foundations.

The difference being Public vs Private work unions.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top