JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am considering purchasing this 308 chambered blank from Green Mtn Barrel Co for a DPMS Gen 1 manual loading build. I sent an email to GMB asking if their barrel was compatible with DPMS Gen 1 upper receivers and they sent this less than helpful reply:

"Thank you for contacting Green Mountain Rifle Barrel. The GM-B9 is not a finished barrel. There is no system to release gas, such as a gas port hole, there's no profile, and no finish on the barrel. I've attached the detailed drawing of this barrel for you to determine if it's right for your build or not."

GM-B9.jpg

Are the barrels and extensions the same for Armalite and DPMS Gen 1 pattern rifles or do I need better information from GMB Co as to what they are selling here?

One of the reviewers on GMB Co website said they used the GMB Co barrel in question with a SOTA upper and bolt. It looks like SOTA may only make DPMS patterned uppers but SOTA says their uppers will work with all DPMS lowers which seems impossible since DPMS Gen 1s and Gen 2s are not compatible (I may be wrong about that)?

My guess is the GMB Co barrel is built for the DPMS Gen 1 platform but I am surprised that GMB Co does not provide that information on the listing and equally surprised that customer service didn't provide the information when I made the inquiry.

After sending a reply to their first response asking for clarification, I received another response from Green MTN Barrel Co indicating the barrel extension is compatible with the DPMS Gen 1 platform.

"I apologize for the confusion. Yes, the extension of our GM-B9 should be compatible with your DPMS Gen 1 upper receiver."

No, not yet.To many other barrels in the fire.

But the barrels had a good reputation ( for the price ) when DPMS sold them. So I thought I'd give it a try.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top