JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, just talked to Cascade arms in Olympia and they mentioned that the lowers were written in the 94 ban as being something that could only be built post ban... Just wondering what your thoughts are on this/ mainly because the ban language mentions that guns are allowed in "Factory" configuration.. opens a lot of interpretation... I would suggest as I have been telling others to build their lower and have a letter notarized on the parts used in the build to CYA prior to any ban...

If the ban specifically lists a make and model then I would say it would ban it since a lower is considered a rifle by itself

However if it does not meet the characteristics spelled out in the ban then they could just change the model to skirt the rules...

I think from what I have heard one of the characteristics is it will accept detachable mags though so if that was spelled out then your pretty well screwed regardless

Hard to say what they are cooking up and what will follow in January. Lots of people buying receivers so they might be in for a shock. Surplus Ammo was selling them by the 3's to individuals and sales staff was calling them good investment. According to ATF (depending on who answers phone) anything built before ban is considered ok... well how can one tell??? That is why I would make a list of what you did and then have it date stamped with notarization showing date etc...

YES.

The manufacturers kept record of when the lower was made, made before the ban only ok to make with flash hider and all. After the sunset it was ok to put evil features back on your post ban rifle.

Sad to say the coming ban might be even strictor than CT has now as those laws did not stop the shooting (in the minds of the ban crowd).

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top