JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Am not a Pmag fan, but Curts also has regular GI magazines with the new Magpul style follower. I think he's asking about 11 bucks each.

May I ask why? I dont have any as I have quite a stash of mil-surplus that work just fine for me. I'm starting to see some good deals on them so might give them a shot. Not often I hear some one actually not like them.
Thanks

Magpul does it's beta testing by dumping their new models on the market and letting the consumers find the problems rather than apply quality control in the run up to production. When a deal comes about it is because they are about to bring out yet another new version. Just remember that they have never had a Department of Defense production contract.

Steve06 said it best, can't improve on that.

They are on generation 3 as of now.

I find them hard to get out of pouches, as they tend to cling.

Can't find anything better they do, that an original GI mag doesn't.

I've never been a fan of Pmags... I bought a bunch of them years ago, but sold them off over the years and instead have bought CProducts/ASC mags that have the magpul follower. I don't remember all the places I've gotten them, but I usually seem to pay $7-10 each. The Palmetto armory "can-o-mags" is actually not a bad deal, ~10/mag for mags with magpul followers.

Also, if you can find the "fat-fifty" cans, you can fit 28 aluminum 30rd mags in one of those.

May I ask why? I dont have any as I have quite a stash of mil-surplus that work just fine for me. I'm starting to see some good deals on them so might give them a shot. Not often I hear some one actually not like them.
Thanks

I have a few complaints about p-mags... 1 they tend not to drop out the bottom of the gun like aluminum mags do (they require being pulled, maybe that's what magpul stands for? >:) They don't fit in most standard double-stack mag pouches. You can't really do a "ranger pull" on them (that's where you loop some paracord around the base plate). They are also heavier than regular aluminum mags IIRC, and at being nearly twice the price in some places, I would rather buy USGI milsurp mags which I find frequently for $5.

Other than that, I don't really have any complaints or reasons why people shouldn't use them. I tried them, didn't like 'em. If you like 'em, I'm helping you by not buying the mags before you get there.

That said, I do like the 20rd magpul p-mags, and I use those quite a bit in my varmint rifle. But this is because aluminum 20's are expensive and not really worth it, and a 30 round hits the ground. Also, the pop-tops on the pmags keep dirt out when I've got my mags laid out on my shooting mat waiting for the 'hogs to show up.

www.fifthbrotherarmory.com has all mags on sale right now 25% off until Election Day. Pmags are at $10.06 after discount. Free shipping over $150. Surefire 60rd ~$86, 100 rd drum mags ~$108.75 after discount. Company is also local to Oregon. (Yes, I am affiliated with company, but it seemed fitting for this thread. )

So if the OP hasn't already gone out and bought himself a bunch of P-mags, Lowpriceguns has P-mags in the shop (with window) for about $11 something... at least they did as of a few days ago. I picked some up at the monroe fun show last weekend for about $9 no window.

Just an FYI for people who think I'm going back on my distaste for P-mags, I bought these specifically for use at FNRL, and they're mags that won't get completely thrashed if I drop throw them on the ground and possibly step on them. I would trust them for a multi-gun shooting competition.

I realize this thread is a few weeks old, however if you guys are still looking for PMAGs, here are 10 for $100 (plus shipping I assume). They also have 10 windowed PMAGs for $125 (I assume in addition to shipping as well).

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads