JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
from their web site
BROWSE BY CALIBER | Hexmag - SENTRY
SENTRY's Hexmag line of firearm magazines feature an iconic HEXTURE™ design pattern and are engineered to be one of the most versatile magazines on the market. SENTRY's line of AR15 magazines is regarded by shooters worldwide for their dependability, durability and distinctive looks. Not only are these AR magazines compatible with most every 5.56x45 NATO, .223 Remington round but also several other calibers that are gaining in popularity. Those that have AR15's chambered in heavy duty rounds like .300 AAC Blackout, .458 SOCOM and .50 Beowulf look to SENTRY for your magazine solution and keep your firearm fed.

so thought I would give them a try guess what...
as I sent them a reply
from me

QUOTE I recently purchased two of the 30 round hx-ar series 2 magazines at a local gun shop, you have these listed as working with 300 aac blackout... after loading in about five rounds it became harder and harder to load rounds, in fact I could push a round down as far as I could and could get at least two more rounds in, as the follower was bound up by the rounds pushed down in the mag. this was the same with both magazines, this I tried with several different brands of 300 AAC and many different weight bullets, all factory rounds. I doubt they would be reliable for 300 aac any suggestions?
and lets not forge the and I quote
Warranty Information

Magazines purchased from an Authorized SENTRY Distributor, Dealer or SENTRY Direct are fully warranted to the original owner against defects in materials and manufacturing processes.
(Proof of purchase may be requested).

IF OUR PRODUCT NO LONGER OPERATES AS INTENDED, SENTRY WILL REPLACE OR REPAIR IT WITHOUT CHARGE TO THE ORIGINAL OWNER
.*

I figure give them the benefit of the doubt low and behold they reply (wow way to stand behind your product)

Thank you for contacting SENTRY Products Group! Unfortunately we have had some issues with the .300 aac because of the overall length of the cartridge. My suggestion would be returning them to the store you bought them from if you can. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do for you.

Thank you,

Adam
Customer Service Representitive

From Pulp Fiction. Sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'll neve know. Just to say, other mags might be the best in the world but Magpul owns the market. Glad Hex is taking care of their customers. I've thought about trying them but have had a few Pro Mags have problems in an AK. How ever Pro Mags have worked great in my Sig P220.

Stockpile PMags.
i use a hexmag for my 300blk subs and its been nothing but perfect.

I've used USGI/STANAG magazines since '85 across three continents (or was it four?) without an issue. Although Canadian issued Thermolds turned me off of polymags (in general), I do own exactly one windowed Gen.2 P-mag and it's pretty decent, but I already had stacks of USGI/STANAG since before P-mag was even a thing so.... meh.

I've used USGI/STANAG magazines since '85 across three continents (or was it four?) without an issue. Although Canadian issued Thermolds turned me off of polymags (in general), I do own exactly one windowed Gen.2 P-mag and it's pretty decent, but I already had stacks of USGI/STANAG since before P-mag was even a thing so.... meh.
ahh man, was waiting for deer pic

LOL:D

Glad Hex is taking care of their customers. .

the point was when a claim of the mag not working was brought to their attention instead of saying hey send it in we will replace itthey
#1 said it is a known problem
#2 did not say covered by warranty
#3 said try to get your money back....

i use a hexmag for my 300blk subs and its been nothing but perfect.
again tried 8 different factory loads all had the same issues subs and supers, as far as p mags
you mean the same hit or miss file the ribs to get them to work....
sigh

ahh man, was waiting for deer pic

LOL:D

You're just peanut butter and jealous! How about these stacks of hundies and twenties instead? ;)

21BF8AE8-9E2E-4BCA-AD36-EA19728CAE35.jpeg 00D771CD-8C39-4E9C-AC0D-A8D3BA19CD06.jpeg

However, I already spent them..... boats 'n ho's. :D

STANAG, Pmag or Lancer for me. I got snookered by that six-Hexmag "deal" at GunMagScamhouse, and I've only suspended looking to offload them in case the idiots succeed in ramming through a mag-cap limit.

Never tried HexMag before. I went out on the non-traditional limb (meaning plastic) w P-Mags a few yrs ago. Then tried a few Troy BattleMags.
I would have considered some HexMags in the future, except I'm not liking that response from the company.
I use HexMags for my 300BO and Mags for my 5.56. Had to differentiate between the 2 and decided that the 'feel' was substantially different enough that I wouldn't mix them up (which never works out well!).

I use HexMags for my 300BO and Mags for my 5.56. Had to differentiate between the 2 and decided that the 'feel' was substantially different enough that I wouldn't mix them up (which never works out well!).
I can find both styles at local gun shows for $10 apiece. Hex mag I can order colored followers and buttons to further mark them as one or the other

Me too but I don't buy the new ones. Still use the ones for 223/5.56 . Loading I will tap the mag on the floor/my leg and resettle the stack. Never had a problem with them.
isnt that like standard operating procedure? load 5 then tap the back of the mag to seat the rounds then load another 5? idk ive always done it that way too.

the reason i use black hex mags(subsonics) and FDE pmags(super sonics) for my 300blk is to differentiate 5.56(all black pmags or usgi mags) from 300blk to avoid chambering the incorrect round.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top