JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all,

So, Im building my A2 upper and ordered my barrel and stockset...

Barrel came today and to my surprise, it has the triangle handguard cap.

My stocks have the round!

I need to swap out the cap... However the front sight has been installed already...

*Is it just a matter of driving out the pins, removing the FSB and swapping in the round cap.... then slide the FSB back on and tap the pins back in???????

image.jpg

I'm sorry man, I should not have been pokin fun. All the hand guards I have come across will work with the triangle front pan, even if they are round or aftermarket. Re reading that I bet you do need a round carbine pan. I have never seen one on a mid gas system rifle so yours came with what's expected on a mid.

To change it you will have to pull the FSB, it's pinched behind the front sight and the shoulder on the barrel.

Midway has the pans avaiable

Still, the pan it needs is a carbine pan. The mid and rifle pans are triangle

It's not a huge deal to pull the FSB, well it's not a huge deal if you can get the taper pins out. I have seen some that really had to be fought.

At any rate, it seems that they use that carbine pan no matter what lenght system you put it on

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top