Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

AR15 bullpup?

MrRob96

Reactions
I have given this thought over the years. The buffer tube has always been the draw back. But I recently came across this, https://www.pantheonarms.com/short-buffer-systems. As a buildup pistol it would move the center of gravity back and negate the need for a brace. Just putting this out there to see what others think.
Doesn't look much shorter than a carbine buffer.

The need for a brace on a pistol is to shoulder it.... We can say that now that the ATF said it's cool.

Reactions
Generally the “bull pup” aspect, refers to the magazine and chamber being behind the grip. Even the shortest AR15 isn’t a bull pup, because the chamber and magazine well are forward of the grip.

As previous commenters have mentioned, the purpose of the arm brace is to utilize it to support the shooter while firing, where the shooter places the arm brace is up to them, even if it was originally designed and intended for the arm.

Without an arm brace, I personally would have no interest in any AR or AK pistols, but with the braces they are quite effective.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I bugged these guys for a while as I was on the fence as to what safe to buy. There are so many...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Tim is fantastic! He does great work and does it in a timely manner! He reblued a Colt slide for...
    • hker71
  • Aloha Surplus
    4.00 star(s)
    Its always fun to check out the surplus stuff they have. Some is reasonably priced, some not so...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I recently sent in a project gun to Mr. Copeland to slick up an action and thread the barrel...
    • CountryGent
  • All That Glitters - Milwaukie
    5.00 star(s)
    Whenever I am in the area, I like to drop in to see what they have. Not a super big store, but...
    • trekkerpaul