AR15 bullpup?

MrRob96

Reactions
I have given this thought over the years. The buffer tube has always been the draw back. But I recently came across this, https://www.pantheonarms.com/short-buffer-systems. As a buildup pistol it would move the center of gravity back and negate the need for a brace. Just putting this out there to see what others think.
Doesn't look much shorter than a carbine buffer.

The need for a brace on a pistol is to shoulder it.... We can say that now that the ATF said it's cool.

Reactions
Generally the “bull pup” aspect, refers to the magazine and chamber being behind the grip. Even the shortest AR15 isn’t a bull pup, because the chamber and magazine well are forward of the grip.

As previous commenters have mentioned, the purpose of the arm brace is to utilize it to support the shooter while firing, where the shooter places the arm brace is up to them, even if it was originally designed and intended for the arm.

Without an arm brace, I personally would have no interest in any AR or AK pistols, but with the braces they are quite effective.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Lead Farm Precision Rifle Match
The Lead Farm
34006 Gwinn Rd, Prosser, WA 99350, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom