JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Need to order a barrel for an AR10 and was wondering what the pros and cons are to have a pinned one vs adjustable one. I assume the adjustable one is better and there is no benefit to having it pinned? Don't know much about it. Thanks for any advice. I'm looking for best quality/performance option, not least expensive that will do the job.

Here are the two options:
9A90B9FA-2C9F-477D-AAEA-6CCCC61876F3.jpeg

2CBDF312-9DC8-4407-8C60-01698A0CD1E4.jpeg

Pinned is one thing, and adjustable is something different. Adjustable allows for user gas adjustments to tailor a load to the appropriate cycling. Pinned is the act of drilling a hole in the barrel and installing a roll pin to hold it in place. The alternative is to use a set screw in a divot.

They are two different thing so it depends on your usage and requirements. An adjustable gas restricts gas flow which can be useful for an oversize gas port issue or suppressor use to help lesson back pressure. Personally I consider them another potential failure point or at minimum a high maintenance item. An adjustable gas block can also be pinned. A pinned gas block is a bomb proof method of installing a gas block or FSB and is a requirement by the military.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top