JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LOL
Many an AR tinkerer have had to deploy the Grip of Shame after working on this part of the AR.
The tools to know about are :
Roll pin starter punch
Roll pin punch
Pin block (commercial or homemade from wood)

Doesn't hurt to drop some oil in there first and SUPPORT THE TRIGGER GUARD EAR.
Installing the Trigger Guard | Brownells - Firearms, Reloading Supplies, Gunsmithing Tools, Gun Parts and Accessories

Grip of Shame
18251.jpg
Fugly isn't it ?

:)

LOL
Many an AR tinkerer have had to deploy the Grip of Shame after working on this part of the AR.
Roll pin starter punch
Roll pin punch

Installing the Trigger Guard | Brownells - Firearms, Reloading Supplies, Gunsmithing Tools, Gun Parts and Accessories

Grip of Shame
View attachment 415668
Fugly isn't it ?

:eek::eek::eek::s0108:

LOL
Roll pin starter punch
Roll pin punch

Grip of Shame
View attachment 415668
Fugly isn't it ?

i too have had to employ the "grip of shame" :(

Before I had much experience working on AR's I tried to hammer out a trigger guard pin without supporting it... And subsequently bought the pictured grip to hide the results of my ineptitude

i too have had to employ the "grip of shame" :(

Before I had much experience working on AR's I tried to hammer out a trigger guard pin without supporting it... And subsequently bought the pictured grip to hide the results of my ineptitude
If I didn't watch the free Brownell's AR Build video series I probably would have done the same thing on my first one.
I think those are the best free AR build videos on the Interwebz.
My only criticism is they don't show the TM barrel install method using grease and they don't show proper barrel restraint when working on the muzzle device.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top