JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was wondering if there are any simple fixes out there to reduce or eliminate rattle on AR collapsible stocks. I have tried a few different make stocks, (Bushmaster OEM, Magpul Moe, Fab Mako) but still get that annoying stock rattle on my mil thread UTG tube. While I get a tight fit when fully collapsed, as soon as it is extended to working length back comes the shake and rattle.

Aside from trying yet another stock, is there anything else I could try ?

I was wondering if there are any simple fixes out there to reduce or eliminate rattle on AR collapsible stocks. I have tried a few different make stocks, (Bushmaster OEM, Magpul Moe, Fab Mako) but still get that annoying stock rattle on my mil thread UTG tube. While I get a tight fit when fully collapsed, as soon as it is extended to working length back comes the shake and rattle.

Aside from trying yet another stock, is there anything else I could try ?

Call it The Rattle Snake?:rolleyes:

Get a good fixed stock that fits you and stop worrying about your gun fitting 6 people would be what I would do.:D

Seriously though, my adjustable cane does the same thing and has annoyed me daily for weeks now so I can see why it bothers you.

Call it The Rattle Snake?:rolleyes:

Get a good fixed stock that fits you and stop worrying about your gun fitting 6 people would be what I would do.:D

Seriously though, my adjustable cane does the same thing and has annoyed me daily for weeks now so I can see why it bothers you.

Yup... I have been used to fixed stocks also but thought I'd try a moveable one on a new build....driving me nucking futts ! Thanks...:confused:

I have collapsibles on two of my builds. And its funny I always shoot them fully extended.

I too hated the way my AR stock rattled and always built with A2 fixed. After some research I bought a Daniel defense collapsible...very nice quality and check weld. It did have a very slight rattle ...so I then added two pieces of electricians tape to the tube on opposite sides.
Very solid set up now...I'm happy again:)

my LMT SOPMOD and my B5 SOPMOD dont rattle and dont use any sort of friction lock. they fit tight. also, i do like magpuls friction lock on just about any of their stocks minus the MOE.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top