JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was wondering if there are any simple fixes out there to reduce or eliminate rattle on AR collapsible stocks. I have tried a few different make stocks, (Bushmaster OEM, Magpul Moe, Fab Mako) but still get that annoying stock rattle on my mil thread UTG tube. While I get a tight fit when fully collapsed, as soon as it is extended to working length back comes the shake and rattle.

Aside from trying yet another stock, is there anything else I could try ?

I was wondering if there are any simple fixes out there to reduce or eliminate rattle on AR collapsible stocks. I have tried a few different make stocks, (Bushmaster OEM, Magpul Moe, Fab Mako) but still get that annoying stock rattle on my mil thread UTG tube. While I get a tight fit when fully collapsed, as soon as it is extended to working length back comes the shake and rattle.

Aside from trying yet another stock, is there anything else I could try ?

Call it The Rattle Snake?:rolleyes:

Get a good fixed stock that fits you and stop worrying about your gun fitting 6 people would be what I would do.:D

Seriously though, my adjustable cane does the same thing and has annoyed me daily for weeks now so I can see why it bothers you.

Call it The Rattle Snake?:rolleyes:

Get a good fixed stock that fits you and stop worrying about your gun fitting 6 people would be what I would do.:D

Seriously though, my adjustable cane does the same thing and has annoyed me daily for weeks now so I can see why it bothers you.

Yup... I have been used to fixed stocks also but thought I'd try a moveable one on a new build....driving me nucking futts ! Thanks...:confused:

I have collapsibles on two of my builds. And its funny I always shoot them fully extended.

I too hated the way my AR stock rattled and always built with A2 fixed. After some research I bought a Daniel defense collapsible...very nice quality and check weld. It did have a very slight rattle ...so I then added two pieces of electricians tape to the tube on opposite sides.
Very solid set up now...I'm happy again:)

my LMT SOPMOD and my B5 SOPMOD dont rattle and dont use any sort of friction lock. they fit tight. also, i do like magpuls friction lock on just about any of their stocks minus the MOE.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top