JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
the PEPR is a great mount!

I'm SURE she is!

PEPR.jpg

And for all you guys that live in a cave, that's Gwynyth Paltrow. She plays Pepper Potts in the Ironman movies. :p

I'm mounting up this new scope/rings on my varmint AR15 and I have a dumb question:

Since I've got a long neck, I'm most comfortable craning my neck forward quite a bit. But in order to get the eye relief I want, I'd have to put the front scope rings on the rail that is part of the gas block on the barrel. See pic below.... Is that ok, or should I take my lumps and make sure the rings are both on the rcvr.

And do the turrets need to be centered between the rings? I used to know about the centering (I think) but I've forgotten so much...

View attachment 562071
I would suggest the Nikon P series mount/ring combination. The P series allows you to use the most forward part of your receiver and is cantilevered, allowing you to mount the scope forward far enough eye relief isn't a problem. I've built many 3 gun Comp AR's and I use the Nikon P series base/ring mount on every one of the. The strength and versatility are unmatched by anything I have seen

I would suggest the Nikon P series mount/ring combination. The P series allows you to use the most forward part of your receiver and is cantilevered, allowing you to mount the scope forward far enough eye relief isn't a problem. I've built many 3 gun Comp AR's and I use the Nikon P series base/ring mount on every one of the. The strength and versatility are unmatched by anything I have
I would suggest the Nikon P series mount/ring combination. The P series allows you to use the most forward part of your receiver and is cantilevered, allowing you to mount the scope forward far enough eye relief isn't a problem. I've built many 3 gun Comp AR's and I use the Nikon P series base/ring mount on every one of the. The strength and versatility are unmatched by anything I have seen

The p series mount is ok but not as versatile as some of the others due to the fact you have to slide all the way off the rail rearward to remove. If you have a rear buis this mandates that it must be removed as well. I prefer the kind that you tip off to the side. Many manufactures make decent ones but Warne is my favorite.

PEPR (Peeper) is happily co-existing with my 8x32 scope now that the adapter inserts arrived to convert 1" scope to a 30mm mount. It's sad to mess up a nice mount with plastic adapters, but I'll have to see what time brings.

Of course, the reticle and the turrets are not aligned to each other... when are the manufacturers going to catch on and start making scopes that can be corrected rather than having to choose between turrets being off or reticle being off? <sheesh>

BTW, eye relief is now perfect for me. Thanx Kruel J!!!!!

100_3035.JPG 100_3036.JPG 100_3038.JPG

PEPR (Peeper) is happily co-existing with my 8x32 scope now that the adapter inserts arrived to convert 1" scope to a 30mm mount. It's sad to mess up a nice mount with plastic adapters, but I'll have to see what time brings.

Of course, the reticle and the turrets are not aligned to each other... when are the manufacturers going to catch on and start making scopes that can be corrected rather than having to choose between turrets being off or reticle being off? <sheesh>

BTW, eye relief is now perfect for me. Thanx Kruel J!!!!!

View attachment 564209 View attachment 564210 View attachment 564211

I'm glad it worked for you! :)

Hardly ever . It's rare anyway , that's why I never get why folks use levels to square up a scope, squaring up the receiver with levels before mounting makes sense

Looks good , that's a hella long scope almost need to move to a scout or recon type , they cantilever out just a touch further . Should be better now

Hardly ever . It's rare anyway , that's why I never get why folks use levels to square up a scope, squaring up the receiver with levels before mounting makes sense

Looks good , that's a hella long scope almost need to move to a scout or recon type , they cantilever out just a touch further . Should be better now

Yah, the rcvr is level, I always check that first.... And I have a good vise block on a level bench.

It IS a long scope. I figured it would be longer than my 4x12x50mm scope... this one's an 8x32x50mm. A cheapie from Amazon that I used a gift cert to buy. :eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top