JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It was all over the evening news yesterday. Care to guess which way was spun? Guuuuuuuunnnnnns and Chhhhhhiiiiiilllldddrrrrennnnnnn

Scappoose (my town) has already said that they will not hold a similar gun raffle for our soccer club. They may be a bunch of toothless ridgerunners up there in St Helens, but they certainly have large stones.

Keith

Toothless ridge runners, ridgerunner ok ill give ya that one but toothless ! I live here in SH and have been involved in the youth sports programs for the past twenty years and I will say girls softball is by far the hardest one to help fund, I had not heard of the raffle until it was to late but I think it was a great idea, and my wife who sets on the board for women's softball is going to approach the rest of the board about doing a similar raffle and if it flies I will post how you can purchase tickets, if it doesn't fly I think her tournament team is going to do one to fund there tourneys. as far as the idiot who they interviewed on the news who said it was a Ludacris thing, she's a whack job anyway, she lived across the street from me for a few years. anyway hell ya good for them... now I gotta go read about the school board trying to take more of my rights away.

You want to make money with a RAFFLE you have to RAFFLE what people want. Cookies and Car Washes just don't make-it anymore. Men are stupid they'll always put 5 or 10 (or more) for a chance for a gun. (me to) Gotta have one more gun.

Lars Larson did a great job of ripping the whiners a new one on his show yesterday. Seems none of those willing to call in even knew the winner would have to go in to the dealer and do a background check before picking up their winnings. Gotta love the way the media "forgets" to report the details in their stories.

I am a current resident of St Helens, (also an avid hunter, gun collector and gun clubs member) and have daughters involved in St Helens Girls Softball league for the last 5 years.

I love the league and the direction that they are trying to bring the league now. It is very hard to get volunteers out on the field to help with the maintenance... let alone get them involved in any sort of fundraiser. They have tried carwashes, garage sales, silent auctions, sweatshirts, scrap metal drives, can drives... you name it we have tried to sell it! Most do their best, but there are only so many people you can visit before everyone is both burned out on selling and buying!

The AR 15 Raffle was by far the best fundraiser they have EVER done, the tickets sold like hot cakes!! People wanted more... long after they sold out! The media attention has been amazing and the out pouring of support has brought smiles to all of our faces. Some might say it has bonded the community together over a sensitive situation. Most locals know the conditions of our fields and our fight to purchase safe equipment every year.

All we can say out here is THANK YOU THANK YOU!! Please like SUPPORT ST HELENS SOFTBALL for more information on future gun raffles!!

Kudos to you!
I'd suggest for the next one, do a high end gun, like a LaRue OBR or a Noveske (hey Noveske are local to Oregon too, may help you on the cost and get some free publicity for a local charity) and either charge twice as much or sell twice as many tickets. I bet you'll sell out even faster. I would have bought a ticket or two for the last raffle if I heard about it before they were sold out (heard about it Weds or Thurs).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top