JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What linear compensators do you use? I have been looking at this:
SAA 5.56mm Dragon's Head Muzzle Brake / Linear Compensator - GEN II

and am wondering if anyone knows whether it is worth a damn.
I got my favorite one on Amazon. I just looked up the order to see what brand it was and they have discontinued it. But it looks a lot like the one in the picture. I have another one that is very similar but has a round edge rather than the points. I don't know what brand that is either. o_O My favorites all have the five or six holes around the bore like that though. One company used to make them and now there are a lot of different brands.

Def the linear comp!
I use a Kaw Valley linear comp. i have one on my AR10 16" in .308.
For the price you can't beat them.

And I can also vouch for the fire ball

IMG_3462.PNG

I have one with the Dragons head and way cool at night ! the upper from SAA is great as well during the last scare/price gouging /hoarding /prepping I was able to order it and had it two days ! They also sent a bunch of schwag with is the upper is nice and is fairly accurate with a Wally world red dot . The only problem is that is hard not to do a lot of mag dumps :)

To me, a pistol 5.56 just does not make sense. It neuters the round so much and the over blast is crazy. I would go with one in .300bo or in 9mm. Palmetto has good deals, as does radical firearms. I ordered a pistol upper from karris guns and was happy with the quality.

I have plans for the 80% lowers I have but one is going to be a pistol in 300AAC BO. I'm basically wanting more firepower in the GHB other than my XDM40....;)

UPS delayed my upper delivery due to recent weather conditions. And they won't let me pick it up. :mad:

I have a Hera Arms Linear Comp Gen 2 on my 11.5" pistol. My first choice for a muzzle device was a Smith Vortex flash eliminator but the muzzle blast convinced me to try a linear comp.

I have zero muzzle flash (handloads using H322) and muzzle blast is substantially reduced.

This is pure speculation. What information do you have to share that shows .223/556 bullets are "quite effective" when propelled at less than 2000 fps?

Physics. At around 353 ft/lbs its well within 9mm specs for ft/lbs. And I've got 30 of them to dispatch.

What are you trying to do with it that it wouldn't be effective at those velocities?

It's a AR pistol it won't be a tac driver at 600yards. Or take down a elk at 300yards.

But for defense, 30rds at less than 50yds will mess up your day.

Besides the flash and bang, an AR pistol is good for one thing. Up close and personal. And at short distances, VERY effective. From corner clearing to SHTF an AR pistol can quickly become man's best friend.

This is not speculation, just fact. Ballistics don't lie. Neither do physics.

Now I just need to decide on sights and optic. Should be a nice CCW for the truck.
I am thinking of changing out the handguard with a longer 9" and adding a KAK can or a cookie cutter....

Yeah I went with a barrel length handguard that is about the same length as the barrel with the linear comp.
just thinking I might need to add a finger stop so my fingers don't look like burnt weiners after that thing spitting fire

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top