JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've got the lower done. Now I'm looking at uppers. I already had a Radical 7.5" that I ended up selling because I didn't care for the way they mounted the gas block. Basically It gave me grief and kept loosening. The guy I sold it to said he was going to tack it in place. :eek:

Anyway, I'm looking at this one possibly, but it's even shorter at 7":
PSA 7" Pistol Length 5.56 NATO 1/7 Nitride 6" Keymod Upper - Without BCG or Charging Handle - 508028

Any experience or recommendations? I'm not looking at spending a fortune either.

Here's the lower:

FullSizeRender (18).jpg

I've got the lower done. Now I'm looking at uppers. I already had a Radical 7.5" that I ended up selling because I didn't care for the way they mounted the gas block. Basically It gave me grief and kept loosening. The guy I sold it to said he was going to tack it in place. :eek:

Anyway, I'm looking at this one possibly, but it's even shorter at 7":
PSA 7" Pistol Length 5.56 NATO 1/7 Nitride 6" Keymod Upper - Without BCG or Charging Handle - 508028

Any experience or recommendations? I'm not looking at spending a fortune either.

Here's the lower:

View attachment 335578
A buddy of mine has this exact upper on a polymer lower. the pistol is well balanced and very easy to point shoot without any sights. I am planning on grabbing one of these for myself.

I have a PSA 7½" upper that looks a lot like that one and it has run great for me. No gas block issues, no cycling issues, just bangity-bang-bang. :) Never tried that Hardened Arms one but it looks nice and it might be more comfortable. Not that I find mine uncomfortable, just saying.
A buddy of mine has this exact upper on a polymer lower. the pistol is well balanced and very easy to point shoot without any sights. I am planning on grabbing one of these for myself.
It's really pointy shooty with a metal lower and a Shockwave Blade too. They're $50 at Rainier Arms. The buffer tube with detents for the set screw (I recommend it) is only $20 more.

Kind of in the same boat. Not in a hurry on buying one - but still can't really decide what upper to throw on it. I'm leaning towards an 8.5 or 10 inch upper to get more poop out of the 5.56 round, but if the HPA passes first, I may go with a 7.5 and then put a can on it.

Not so sure that the upper is easier than building a lower - the lower requires no special tools. The upper requires a vice, torque wrench, and a receiver block to properly assemble. There may be fewer components, but there's more "stuff" required to assemble one. I assembled my last two uppers using a small hammer, punch, and a screw driver. On my coffee table in my living room.

To me, a pistol 5.56 just does not make sense. It neuters the round so much and the over blast is crazy. I would go with one in .300bo or in 9mm. Palmetto has good deals, as does radical firearms. I ordered a pistol upper from karris guns and was happy with the quality.

Well, to each their own. A 55gr round traveling at 1700-1900 FPS is quite effective for the intended use of an AR pistol. I wouldn't call that neutered.

Not only that, they are just really stinkin fun!!

Well, to each their own. A 55gr round traveling at 1700-1900 FPS is quite effective for the intended use of an AR pistol. I wouldn't call that neutered.

Not only that, they are just really stinkin fun!!
They sure are. Get some of that cheap Tula steel cased ammo. You get a basketball sized flame out of a 7" or 8" barrel with that stuff. :D

I was a big timer today. I finally shot my 5.56/11-1/2" pistol, with a VG6 Titanium Epsilon, today. Yep, I pulled the trigger four times (not zeroed yet) and that thing belched like a dragon with indigestion. And sounded like a 50cal. LOL!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top