JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"That is a grey area that I thought about in the past; i.e., what happens legally in the USA when you put a 16" barrel on an AR pistol and it is over 26" in length? Is it a rifle without the buttstock? What about if you put a pistol brace on it? "

If you have a gun with a barrel that is over 16" and the over all length is over 26" all you have is a really big pistol. By definition a rifle is designed to be shouldered. If it can be shouldered and is less than 26" or has a shorter barrel than 16" it is subject to the NFA. Braces don't turn pistols into rifles if they did we would all be in a world of bubblegum. Yes the ATF said we can shoulder braces now but their main function is still a brace. Unless you want to contact the atf and convince them otherwise. I think I would like the laws to stay the way they are personally if anything I would like less restrictions thank you.

Last Edited:
PLR-16. Uses standard magazines and shoots any 5.56. Accurate and reliable. No ATF involvement or stamp needed.
18170-000.jpg

Free Men don't follow unconstitutional laws in the first place.

Are you a sheep?

Are you free?

Shall not be infringed!

It's a good point, but from my viewpoint, it's easier to avoid paying for a lawyer to weasel out of some bullchit charge by a little advance knowledge. So from your viewpoint I'm a sheep, but I am a sheep that isn't in a cage and that bit of "freedom" is worth quite a bit to me. I try and follow the laws, unfortunately, following some of these nonsense bureaucratic "laws" that get revised and reversed all the time is difficult, but I'll still try to operate lawfully.

Best regards:

Free Men don't follow unconstitutional laws in the first place.

Are you a sheep?

Are you free?

Shall not be infringed!

Smart people don't risk prison time just to give "the man" the middle finger either. They adapt. If necessary, they can break the law later when it comes time to do more than bare your posterior to the system. Right now, I can have what is basically a sawed off shotgun without having to register it. Ditto with a short barreled rifle (which is what an AR "pistol" is). I can also get a binary trigger and have a high rate of fire if I wish - combine that with a belt-fed upper and I am doing pretty good.

That said, at ~66, with a heart and lung condition, being out of shape, not having combat training (much less experience), I would last maybe 30 seconds should the gov sic the NG on me. So the exercise is kind of academic right now. YMMV

I wonder if that's what the Jews said as they were loaded on the trains? Hey at least they were "Smart" and followed their overlords.

You mean they coulda kept their "vertical foregrips" an been just fine fren? Hmm, learn something new every day, thank you for that. One small point of SIGnifigance, you seem like a decent sort, just a heads up - don't encourage people to break the law on this web site. They don't allow it. Swearing either.

Pay for the attorney and fight it then. Don't come on this site and push for laws to be broken...clear enough?

I have never seen so many people just lay down. Very sad. Which law is being broken? As I see it, the only law I see being broken is our Supreme law of the land which we fought and bled and died for when we kicked the English out. But as long as you are safe under the thumb of tyranny, by all means, show me what I am doing wrong.

Mass disobedience is the only way we can put our Government in check. Otherwise, keep wearing your mask and shelter in place. Gotta make sure we don't get sick. OH and if they say no more open carry..... well you better comply.

Shall not be infringed.

the BCM vertical grip isn't technically 'vertical', and the ATF is very clear about the grip needing to be 'vertical' which can be interpreted as only 90*. Not 89*, not 91*.

That said I know a few folks who don't register form1 cans or sbr's, trade lowers and 80%s, and have never been questioned by anyone out shooting in the woods, even law enforcement, although there was never an ATF agent... I don't know why one of them would be in the middle of the woods in Oregon.

I don't really recommend doing that, as there is always a chance of the law catching up to you, but for some, that chance is smaller than a meteor falling on their head.

I have never seen so many people just lay down. Very sad. Which law is being broken? As I see it, the only law I see being broken is our Supreme law of the land which we fought and bled and died for when we kicked the English out. But as long as you are safe under the thumb of tyranny, by all means, show me what I am doing wrong.

Mass disobedience is the only way we can put our Government in check. Otherwise, keep wearing your mask and shelter in place. Gotta make sure we don't get sick. OH and if they say no more open carry..... well you better comply.

Shall not be infringed.

Ill save the big talk for others. Until you build your brigade of "freedom fighters" maybe toss some cash to the SAF or the 1639 lawsuit, the folks actually doing the heavy lifting...carry on.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top