JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I just searched through E-Bay for AR magazines to see the current market prices (even if crazy priced) and it seemed that there is just about zero magazines left.

Is the supply dried up and will the pipeline ever get filled before a 10 round ban limit gets in place?

On a side note; I am not sure a full ban with registration will take place, but a ban on so called, "High Cap Mags" will most likely pass. Its simple and realistic concession to make the other side happy...

Well seeing how Ebay rules state no mags over 10 rounds are to be sold it could be that all the mags are being kicked off.

try gunbroker, it will give you a better outlook. saturday it had 1586 listings for just pmags, today it's 588

Hang tight I just got a Email from Stag and they are sending me some i had backordered. I noticed the raised there prices from 20 to 30 per Mag.
i think if we be patient and only buy what we really have to have prices will Drop back down. :D

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/caa-30-rd-223-mag-with-viewer-single.aspx?a=1003614

CAA windowed mags, 30 rounders, high quality, shipping now - $15-$18 a piece

Update - they just shipped me 9 mags (3, 3-packs) info on next shipments:

We're sorry, (Product: 3 - Pk. of CAA(R) 30 - rd. .223 Mags with Viewer (WX2-227452)) is not currently in stock. It's expected in our warehouse on March 6, 2013 and will be shipped to you within 24 hours after its arrival. You will not be billed until the item is shipped. If you do not want to wait for this item, please remove it from your Shopping Cart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I don't think it's a simple or realistic concession to make. So we limit the capacity of a magazine. What does this realistically do? Not much for murder rates with rifles, as not only are rifles rarely used in crimes, but there are already millions of magazines already in circulation. For pistols? What if you are faced with a self-defense situation with multiple assailants? What if the second or two it takes to reload your handgun is the difference between life and death?

Honestly, I don't think it's a simple or realistic concession to make. So we limit the capacity of a magazine. What does this realistically do? Not much for murder rates with rifles, as not only are rifles rarely used in crimes, but there are already millions of magazines already in circulation. For pistols? What if you are faced with a self-defense situation with multiple assailants? What if the second or two it takes to reload your handgun is the difference between life and death?
True, but why not have 30's if you can? Someone posted a video on another thread that showed 10 rd mags would only add ½ second to 20 rds shot.

AR-15/M16 TACTICAL MAGAZINE | Brownells

I hear they are about 20days out on back order. Don't know if there is truth behind that and unfortunately I cant budget the money for a 10 pack right now. Was trying to get mags early December, wish I had made a different deal then, and put more weight on the need to stock up. Even without a hi-cap ban I'm guessing people will not be selling at the $5-$7 used price for about a year.

My thoughts are: If the local police and other law enforcement have the need and carry standard capacity magazines, then the law-abiding citizens should also have access to them.

AR-15/M16 TACTICAL MAGAZINE | Brownells

I hear they are about 20days out on back order. Don't know if there is truth behind that and unfortunately I cant budget the money for a 10 pack right now. Was trying to get mags early December, wish I had made a different deal then, and put more weight on the need to stock up. Even without a hi-cap ban I'm guessing people will not be selling at the $5-$7 used price for about a year.

Last time I bought AR mags was 4 years ago during the last scare. I paid just under $14 for C-products stainless steel ones. 2 years later they were back down to under $10 (I think abiut $8).
Ironically, most if not all those magazines are laying in the box they were shipped in because I did not need them yet. The few I have had before are enough for my range fun.

Last time I bought AR mags was 4 years ago during the last scare. I paid just under $14 for C-products stainless steel ones. 2 years later they were back down to under $10 (I think abiut $8).
Ironically, most if not all those magazines are laying in the box they were shipped in because I did not need them yet. The few I have had before are enough for my range fun.

Is this hinting you want to make me a great deal on 3-4? ;)
You could always post them up in the classifieds and sell a few if you got to many. Although holding onto them maybe isn't a terrible idea either. Everythings in the air.
I have 3 gi mags that I got with my AR in august, and I have a few more 20 round themamolds that I picked up from cdnn when I was ordering something else back when they where $5. I'll likely be OK just wish I had got on it sooner just in case. I don't see a need for a huge stock pile but would be nice to have a few more around just encase something happens.

"Its simple and realistic concession to make the other side happy... "
If you actually think that this type of thought process will accomplish "happy" for the anti- gun people, I've got a bridge to sell you....IN AZ!!!

My thoughts are: If the local police and other law enforcement have the need and carry standard capacity magazines, then the law-abiding citizens should also have access to them.

Yes, that's why I said it was not a simple or realistic concession to make. Did you bother to read my post? I basically argued why we should be able to have normal magazines...

As the normal magazine capacity for an AR is 20 or 20 round, I refuse to call them hi-capacity. Just normal or standard mags.

"Its simple and realistic concession to make the other side happy... "
If you actually think that this type of thought process will accomplish "happy" for the anti- gun people, I've got a bridge to sell you....IN AZ!!!

I didn't intend for this to turn into a ban thread but: Anyone should see that the other side is purposing regulations which is, "Shooting for the moon". This is done with the understanding that it will not go through as written. Each side will debate over the text and in my hopes this will be done through teeth and nails on the gun rights side...

Concessions / Compromises will be made on each side, where in which each will give ground they are willing to loose.

With that being said: Would you rather not be able to buy any new 30 rounder magazines and possible keep the ones you have or will you rather register all weapons which you own? And I am NOT opening up conversations about your bills of sales to John Smith or your crazy fishing trip...

If you do not believe a ban is coming in some form or other: I would love to buy two of those bridges from you (i.e. I have no idea what that means, Arizona has water/rivers, lived there done that)...

Concessions / Compromises will be made on each side, where in which each will give ground they are willing to loose.

What is the anti gun side giving up in ANY of this? What are they compromising? Even if they only get 1" they WIN. No matter what they do if there is ANY other law they WIN. We have the 2A AND THOUSANDS of gun laws, what did they give up for those? The ONLY way they lose is when laws a repealed.

It is like this, they are a bully. Every week they beat you a bit. Sure you are not dead yet, but each week another beating comes. Since you have not been able to heal from the week before each beating is worse. The road ONLY leads to death unless you can stop it. First there was the 2A, then in 1934 new rules, 1968 more rules, 1986 even more, 1989 even more, 1994 even more, 2004 took a little back, now IF there is a new ban (say your registration) 2013, what is next? No semi-autos at all? What after that, no handguns? What is after that, no magazine fed guns? What next, nothing bigger then .22? What next................?

So I just searched through E-Bay for AR magazines to see the current market prices (even if crazy priced) and it seemed that there is just about zero magazines left.

Is the supply dried up and will the pipeline ever get filled before a 10 round ban limit gets in place?

On a side note; I am not sure a full ban with registration will take place, but a ban on so called, "High Cap Mags" will most likely pass. Its simple and realistic concession to make the other side happy...

says currently in stock...from vendor on this site...
http://www.slickguns.com/product/thermold®-26-39-round-mag-1719-free-shipping

(say your registration)

I like how YOU give ownership of my registration instead of; The, Their, Her, etc... registration...

I am not a blind or dumb person, there is a ban coming in some form. It is the people like YOU that will maximize the other sides ability to pass a greater and more damaging ban. If you do not understand the way politics work, then sit on the sideline and watch the game with a your bag of popcorn and peanuts.

The proposed ban is already written and being read by both sides. This ban will hit the floor at sometime in the near future. It is the dealing behinds the curtains which will decide what will pass and what will not. Each side has the ability to bury bill years at a time, if not indefinitely.

It is the high profile bills which are harder to play games with; however it is still done off the floor, through dealings, concessions and compromises. (if you do this, I will do this, if you delete this, I will not fight that, etc...)

Yes, a new ban is not my cup of tea and I do not believe it will solve anything. I am however a person who sees the writing on the wall and hopes and believes that one side strongly wants to disarm America and the other will do what it can to prevent this.

If this is done via allowing the grabbers to sleep well at night knowing that all firearms transfers must go through a FFL (which I believe is a GREAT idea) and that all magazines sold after March 14th (made up date) will be 10 rounds or less.

VS.

Their BAN...

Then so be it; Make the simple concussions to make the; ill rational, uneducated, gun grabbers happy...

The future ban will NOT go away, it is to high profile and to many people have their hands into it...

Lets talk about what possible compromises could be given: FFL transfer, home storage / security, background checks, mental evaluations, etc... VS. YOU CAN'T TAKE MY GUNS -HUM-ALONG-A-DING-DONG...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top