JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Buy up the 10 rounders. I too see whatever is done, 10rnds, 5, wont work. A gun will get stolen and used, or a bad guy will go with knives, bats,etc. I dont want it to be like Europe, etc. They have more violent crimes over there. They just walk in and take our crap, when you are home, if you get involved, they beat the crap ouy of you. Hopefully the big wigs are civil about it and get down to the real reason and studies.

I like how YOU give ownership of my registration instead of; The, Their, Her, etc... registration...

I used registration since that is what YOU used in YOUR example in YOUR post. Nothing more nothing less. There is no other meaning behind it.

I am not a blind or dumb person, there is a ban coming in some form. It is the people like YOU that will maximize the other sides ability to pass a greater and more damaging ban. If you do not understand the way politics work, then sit on the sideline and watch the game with a your bag of popcorn and peanuts.

It is people like me that realize that 100 years ago we had 100% of our 2A right. It is people like me that SEE that anti gun people want us to have 0% of those rights. It is people like me that see we only have 50% of the rights we had 100 years ago. It is people like me that realize that IF there is more "compromise" we may only have 40% or less of our rights left this time. If YOU are willing to compromise this time what are you willing to "compromise" next time? When will YOU say "NO MORE!"? If YOU are willing to give up this time and will give up next time and the time after that. Why not just give up all together since that is what you are ultimately doing just a piece at a time though.

The proposed ban is already written and being read by both sides. This ban will hit the floor at sometime in the near future. It is the dealing behinds the curtains which will decide what will pass and what will not. Each side has the ability to bury bill years at a time, if not indefinitely.

Which proposed ban is already written? There are lots that have been "written" and submitted. There has been a "new" ban introduced EVERY YEAR for the past couple decades now. This does not mean we should turn a blind eye. It means we need to stay vigilant and say "NOT MORE"!

It is the high profile bills which are harder to play games with; however it is still done off the floor, through dealings, concessions and compromises. (if you do this, I will do this, if you delete this, I will not fight that, etc...)

Then we need to make it known as the citizens that we are not willing to give up any more then we already have!

Yes, a new ban is not my cup of tea and I do not believe it will solve anything. I am however a person who sees the writing on the wall and hopes and believes that one side strongly wants to disarm America and the other will do what it can to prevent this.

If this is done via allowing the grabbers to sleep well at night knowing that all firearms transfers must go through a FFL (which I believe is a GREAT idea) and that all magazines sold after March 14th (made up date) will be 10 rounds or less.

Here is why the anti gunners win. They ALL want NO guns, they ALL stand together in that goal. If they don't win this time they will try again and again. If they get ANY win this time, they will be back later for more. There is NO stopping them until we have NO gun rights. There are far more gun owners/supporters but we stand divided. We have gun owners that believe in gun control as you just stated that you are.

VS.

Their BAN...

They are going to get it if we do not say NO MORE! They are going to get it because gun supports are too scared to stand up for what is right. They are going to win because we already have 1934, 1968, 1986., 1989, 1994-2004, and since YOU support this ban (you keep saying you do, no matter how you rationalize it.) there will be 2013. Will you support the gun control of 2014? How about the next in 2015? How about the one in 2016? Of course the anti gunners will promise they dont want all your guns, just XXX and they will be happy...... then the next year comes.

Then so be it; Make the simple concussions to make the; ill rational, uneducated, gun grabbers happy...

The future ban will NOT go away, it is to high profile and to many people have their hands into it...

Lets talk about what possible compromises could be given: FFL transfer, home storage / security, background checks, mental evaluations, etc... VS. YOU CAN'T TAKE MY GUNS -HUM-ALONG-A-DING-DONG...

They will not be happy until ALL guns are ban. That is the fallacy of your whole argument. If they are not happy with the 40,000 laws that are on the books WHY is this one any different?

Ok we will talk about compromise............. 1934, 1968, 1986., 1989, 1994-2004 all it has got us is MORE gun control.

EDIT 1-9-13:

I just found the words to try and make this make more sense. You keep using the word "compromise" but the actions you suggest are NOT compromise. Compromise is when BOTH sides gets something that is wanted. The only thing we "get" with the actions you suggest of "compromise" is less gun control, for now. That is NOT compromise. An example of compromise (not that I am endorsing it, just would be an example) would be They want registration of "assault weapons" then we will compromise and accept that IF they agree to remove the Hughes act.

Here this might be easier. There are 10 toys and 2 kids playing. One kid has ALL the toys, but the other kid wants ALL of them. So kid 2 starts picking on kid 1 to give him all of his toys. Finally kid 2 knows he can not take all of them at once so he says "give me 2 of your toys and I will leave you alone".

Soon those 2 are not enough and he still wants all so again he goes to picking on kid 1. Again kid 2 says "I don't want all your toys I just need these 3 toys". Kid 1 says "I will give you 2" thinking now kid 2 has 4 of my toys and that should be enough to make him happy. Kid 2 says "ok that will work" but leaves unhappy because as we know he wants ALL the toys.

Even with 4 toys kid 2 decides he needs the rest and needs them now. Again he goes back to bullying kid 1. Now kid 1 has a couple of choices:
1. He does as you suggest in your version of compromise and see's if kid 2 will take less this time again.
2. He truly compromises. He gets kid 2 to give something up be it trading some of his toys back or some other item.
3. He says things are ok how they are but NO MORE, it stops here.
4. He says NO MORE. Then he also becomes active in getting his toys back.

Sorry, NO COMPROMISE must be our stand. Punish the wrong-doers, control the doctor prescribed drug induced mental incompetents,(like make their doctors responsible for their actions) but leave me and my rights alone.
BTW, that bridge I'd sell ya in AZ is London Bridge.

^ Would be nice to see the Pharms punished for pimping their brain melting drugs but that will never happen. The 'corporate' part of a corporate-government will say no and protect the pushers and their subsidiary, the FDA.

I'm curious, why didn't everyone buy all their mags weeks, months or years ago? After everything settled down, I ordered 4 cases of AR mags with a few friends... total cost from C-products was about $4 each shipped...

AR mags are the new gold... everything that's going on right now is just another bubble... $60 pmags? Since they retail for 13.95, why would anyone pay that much? The other problem is, everyone is blowing their nut right now on overpriced gear, when congress shoots down all this gun-banning nonsense and mags return to regular price, demand will be low, because once again everyone will have spent all their money.

A buddy of mine, who owns a bullet factory (makes actual bullets) has been having people call, and order 223 55gr FMJ for twice regular price. (he upped his prices to get people to stop calling him while he fills his current backlog of orders), and still people are buying 10-20K at nearly $200/K. It's insane! Stop it! Settle down and let the market catch up.

I'm curious, why didn't everyone buy all their mags weeks, months or years ago? After everything settled down, I ordered 4 cases of AR mags with a few friends... total cost from C-products was about $4

Got my ar in August was slowly working on stocking up on everything I could need from about September on. Bulk bullets, primers, and other components first, few more ammo cans. Was keeping an eye out for great mag deals, have about 5 of the 20 rounds from cdnn that they used to sell or $4 all the time. Have 3 gi that I got when I got the rifle. Would have liked 4-5 more GI mags, had a deal right before the price spike with someone at $4 each. Prices went up, deal went to hell. Its all a mater of timing and budget. I got in a back order on some Pmags mail notice this morning from midway means will get 2 at least, but not all of us have had ARs for years and couldn't afford, or had no use for a case of mags. Sure had I bought a case I could be selling them and profiting now, then again I could also have a case of mags I don't need had things happened differently. I buy what I need and a few extra in most cases. Would rather make more stable long term investments. I'd like to be at a stock of 5-7 GI mags, a couple pmags, and the 5 20 round thermamolds right now, but timing and budget just didn't work out.

I'm not buying at the now inflated prices, but I can see why someone would if they got caught with one or two mags and there is almost no stock. Its fear and doesn't help much, but not everyone has had an AR for years or even been threw a previous political caused shortage or some sort. Experience and forethought make people prepared, those unprepared either learn from it, or they end up screwed next time. You cant assume everyone has been threw this before though.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top