JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
C-Products mags. Does anyone have real life personal experience with the different round count mags? Conclusions about what will hold what reliably, they all run about the same with some hiccups, etc?

Researching it seems all over the place. Other than 10rd which seem to run just fine for all.
I run C-product 20 rounders. I've found it has to run a milspect trigger weight to be reliable with steel case. I also use an H2 buffer.

C-Products mags. Does anyone have real life personal experience with the different round count mags? Conclusions about what will hold what reliably, they all run about the same with some hiccups, etc?

Researching it seems all over the place. Other than 10rd which seem to run just fine for all.
I do not know if this site is a real or a scam site but D&H mags are the best for 7.26. D&H have government contracts for other mags quality is good.
cheaper than dirt has some 10s expensive and well your buying from them.

I do not know if this site is a real or a scam site...
I saw them, but twice the price over c-products isn't attractive and HIGHLY suspect that site is a scam. Supposedly 14yrs in business and BBB acredited only since 2019 with ZERO feedback. Their name doesn't seem to come up in a general google search... outside a couple blurbs that are obviously promotions from the site owner.

Highly suspicious since everyone in the 2A community talks. Ie., "Has anyone bought from them before?"... but no obvious chatter about them that I saw.

I saw them, but twice the price over c-products isn't attractive and HIGHLY suspect that site is a scam. Supposedly 14yrs in business and BBB acredited only since 2019 with ZERO feedback. Their name doesn't seem to come up in a general google search... outside a couple blurbs that are obviously promotions from the site owner.

Highly suspicious since everyone in the 2A community talks. Ie., "Has anyone bought from them before?"... but no obvious chatter about them that I saw.
Yep there are a lot of scam site right now. If it's too good to be true It normally is. I check all web sites as I do a lot of online shopping and see a site I never seen before.

I run C-product 20 rounders. I've found it has to run a milspect trigger weight to be reliable with steel case. I also use an H2 buffer.
I also run an H2 buffer in both of mine, and 28rd C-products mags. Should also note: both 7.62x39 and 6.5 Grendel C-products mags are interchangeable. Same curve, same follower, just the follower is a different color. Never had a problem with feeding or cycling steel cased ammo, never needed to polish mags or anything like that.

While milspec triggers are okay for some batches of steel case; I've had some batches that I've gotten light primer strikes on and the round failed to fire on the first strike. And that was with a Geissele SSA-E trigger which uses a full power hammer spring.

After that I went to a 'HIPERFIRE Hipertouch Eclipse' trigger with the 7.62x39 extra power hammer spring kit for it. That trigger is unique in that it can have a super heavy hammer spring, yet remain a light 3lb single-stage trigger pull with no creep or take-up. It fires even the problematic hard primer steel case ammo reliably.

You may have just not had a batch of extra hard primers yet. I too thought mine was reliable with the SSA-E and put over 1000rds through it but then got that one batch of ammo that started having FTFs from 'light' strikes (they weren't 'light'...it put a good dent in those primers, just those primers need an even harder strike yet to go off reliably sometimes)

Full picture was taken before the trigger change. The FCG picture shows the upgraded fire control group that reliably runs the hard primer ammo.

Attachments

• 20190430_210812.jpg
    20190430_210812.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 762x39FCG.jpg
    762x39FCG.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 43
I do not know if this site is a real or a scam site but D&H mags are the best for 7.26. D&H have government contracts for other mags quality is good.
cheaper than dirt has some 10s expensive and well your buying from them.

Not sure I would trust, but feel free to be the guinea pig for us!

Nearly everyone has heard of this retailer, and this mag will reliably run 7.62x39 through an AR even though it says 6.5 grendel. I own several of both 7.62x39 and 6.5 grendel mags and I've used them interchangeably with no feed/cycling/loading issues. They're in stock for $20. Better scoop them up before that ridiculous WA mag ban goes into effect.

Not sure I would trust, but feel free to be the guinea pig for us!

Nearly everyone has heard of this retailer, and this mag will reliably run 7.62x39 through an AR even though it says 6.5 grendel. I own several of both 7.62x39 and 6.5 grendel mags and I've used them interchangeably with no feed/cycling/loading issues. They're in stock for $20. Better scoop them up before that ridiculous WA mag ban goes into effect.

i wouldn't trust that site either lol. i only stick to main stream sites for the most part and research each site that looks fishy. i have about 20 maybe more i lost count....... different brands and my first post shows how i modified all of them. the C mags work just fine. i think i have enough for now.

They're in stock for $20. Better scoop them up before that ridiculous WA mag ban goes into effect.
Good to know!!

Not a bad price, but with shipping you need to order a minimum of 6 to be cheaper than joeboboutfitters. Looks like Rainier has some 20's for the same price, too. Sure provides more option if you're shopping for 6.5's vs 7.62AR mags. Nice!! :s0155:

Good to know!!

Not a bad price, but with shipping you need to order a minimum of 6 to be cheaper than joeboboutfitters. Looks like Rainier has some 20's for the same price, too. Sure provides more option if you're shopping for 6.5's vs 7.62AR mags. Nice!! :s0155:
Joe bobs is my first stop when looking for stuff.

Any updates? did you end up throwing all the parts in the trash? lol
Sure! How far down the rabbit hole do you want me to go? ;)

There where a few small issues (out of spec) and some minor modifications, but all in all, the trybe upper makes smoke. I never shot it "out-of-the-box", but @arakboss did... without issue.

It was found that it already came with an enhanced firing pin. Kinda sorta. Yeah, it had characterists qualifying it under "enhanced" guidelines, but a few measurements where out of spec a ways (can provide where and amounts if anyone wants) so I ended up using the black rifle enhanced pin instead.

There was no real immediate or critial issues that would make it a danger or prevent short term function, but may impact long term reliability.. and possibly safety that made me glad I did a full break down and re-assembly.

The only other thing worth note (aside from the firing pin) was the extractor. It did fine on steel but I was getting some flaking on brass. I swapped in a new spring w/spring cap, but ended up pulling the o-ring off and that seemed to solve that issue. It does fine on either now.

I started with an H2 but swapped in an H3 about 100rnds in. That's also with spike flat wire spring. It runs real smooth, but I'll have to see how it does when the weather gets cold. I might drop it back down to an H2 for mixed climate reliability.

Gas rings where slightly under spec and swapped out. Gas key staking was borderline. Barely passed in/lbs testing so re-staked them. Neither of which was "critical"....

Minor stuff. No grease or anti-seize so.. did that. Ramp polish. A bit of filing on the back end of the handguard.

C-products 30rd and 10rd mags ran just fine. A bit of slop on the 30rd though and I read it's possible to lead to feed issues. I didn't have any, but still thinking about adding a small bit of moleskin to one side to tighten it up.

All in all, I'm very happy with the purchase and accuracy has been better than expected. If I do anything more to it.. maybe throw a muzzle break on it. At the moment, she's eaten about 520rnds. Half and half steel and brass. She's in fine form and all is well!

Put simply: If they get offered for that price again... I'll certainly be buying another. :s0155:

Last Edited:
Sure! How far down the rabbit hole do you want me to go? ;)

There where a few small issues (out of spec) and some minor modifications, but all in all, the trybe upper makes smoke. I never shot it "out-of-the-box", but @arakboss did... without issue.

Awesome! Good to hear, 7.62 has a bad rap in a AR platform. Kinda nice a cheap kit works great.

I have built several, both rifle and pistol and all with carbine gas systems. They all have run great and c product defense mags are the only ones that have been reliable for me. The 28 and 30 rounders can get a bit unreliable when stuffed full but are pretty much 100% when loaded 1 or 2 rounds short.

I have built several, both rifle and pistol and all with carbine gas systems. They all have run great and c product defense mags are the only ones that have been reliable for me. The 28 and 30 rounders can get a bit unreliable when stuffed full but are pretty much 100% when loaded 1 or 2 rounds short.
Would you please list the brands and sizes you've tried with grades (A, B, C...F) for reliability? I'd sure like to know what to avoid.

The only ones I have tried are asc mags an cpd mags. Asc mags would not work with my builds although I hear they work great for some. All the sizes of cdp mags Work great but the 28 and 30 rounders need to be downloaded by a couple to be reliable.

.....but the 28 and 30 rounders need to be downloaded by a couple to be reliable.
I wonder if they might have modified their mags to be more reliable at full capacity(?) I have four recently purchased 30rd mags and only run though 4 full loads each, but didn't experience any reliability issues with them filled to capacity. I use a lulu to load... and someone mentioned that hand loading might create some offset binding issues(?)... but I dunno how accurate that is or how they might have tested that theory to reach that conclusion.

It's also possible I just haven't had any reliability issues, YET. ;) I wouldn't consider 4 load cycles to be a real definitive test of long term reliability, but such as it is, so far.

Researching extensively for myself recently, D&H are supposedly by and large the cream of the crop, but finding them in stock or at anywhere near a reasonable price ain't easy.

6.5 creedmore mag listings are much easier to locate.

Last Edited:
I wonder if they might have modified their mags to be more reliable at full capacity(?) I have four recently purchased 30rd mags and only run though 4 full loads each, but didn't experience any reliability issues with them filled to capacity. I use a lulu to load... and someone mentioned that hand loading might create some offset binding issues(?)... but I dunno how accurate that is or how they might have tested that theory to reach that conclusion.

It's also possible I just haven't had any reliability issues, YET. ;) I wouldn't consider 4 load cycles to be a real definitive test of long term reliability, but such as it is, so far.

Researching extensively for myself recently, D&H are supposedly by and large the cream of the crop, but finding them in stock or at anywhere near a reasonable price ain't easy.

I did learn one tip though. 6.5 creedmore mag listings are much easier to locate and identical to the 7.62's.
Most of my issues with full 28 and 30rd cpd mags have been when sitting loaded for a period of time not necessarily when loaded and shot right away. I just leave them downloaded by 2 rounds now.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top