JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
762x39-sm.jpg
You mean something like this? :s0023:
Must have bent that magazine when I dropped the rifle... :s0092: :p

Last Edited:
Another vote for ACS mags. I've done some tweaking on my build both with an adjustable gas block and playing with the buffer weights. It is as reliable as my AR15's and a ton of fun to shoot. I do reload so that helps I believe on reliability.

Have fun!

I have about quite a few 7.62x39 mags all different brands. D&H seem to be the best bullets don't catch lip and follower seems to be a lot better design. C-products, ACS, dura-mag and pro mag seems like you have to grind and polish the mag lip. The case of the bullet will catch the mag once it exits, this is why people say not to run all 30 rounds as the last ones get enough assist from the spring. All brands of mags work pretty flawless if you grind and polish the lips down. Make sure the round can push forward and not touch the front of mag. I have also polished all surfaces on the top of the mag as steel on steel tends to stick.

20220821_171943.jpg 20220821_171909.jpg 20220821_171838.jpg 20220821_171756.jpg 20220821_171728.jpg 20220821_171952.jpg

Had one, a PWS that I promptly sold due to concern over broken bolt lugs and cost/scarcity of replacements.

A local shopkeep touts the PWS X39 guns as being the best AR's for running suppressed due in no small part to the long stroke gas system I suppose, and the fact that X39 has similar ballistics to its younger sibling 300 black.

I have about quite a few 7.62x39 mags all different brands. D&H seem to be the best bullets don't catch lip and follower seems to be a lot better design. C-products, ACS, dura-mag and pro mag seems like you have to grind and polish the mag lip. The case of the bullet will catch the mag once it exits, this is why people say not to run all 30 rounds as the last ones get enough assist from the spring. All brands of mags work pretty flawless if you grind and polish the lips down. Make sure the round can push forward and not touch the front of mag. I have also polished all surfaces on the top of the mag as steel on steel tends to stick.

View attachment 1262818 View attachment 1262819 View attachment 1262820 View attachment 1262821 View attachment 1262822 View attachment 1262829
I run cpd mags unmodded and they feed fine with the exception of an occasional misfeed when fully loaded with 28 and 30 rounders. Asc mags were another story and needed mods to even begin to feed properly. The reason I download 1or 2 rounds on the cpd mags, is because at full cap on the larger mags the rounds in the bottom of mag would occasionally bind spring when left loaded for extended periods and not exerting pressure on upper rounds which leads to not feeding a round into chamber. As always YMMV.

Originally, I jumped onto the band wagon of 30 round mags for my AR formats, but I found the 30's just get in the way when shooting paper. Now I mainly use 10 rounders for everything without any problems.
* My one exception is for the .458S magazines, I use a single stack follower. I believe it's for the 50 beowulf. I found the, "Double Stack" followers caused last round problems.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top