JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here's a question for the Group...

Would you rather buy an AR15 stripped lower and a parts kit or an assembled lower?
I have three Anderson stripped lowers I picked up about 9 months ago along with three CMMG Premium parts kits.
I can easily assemble the lowers but I am concerned that many guys would rather do the assembly so they aren't relying on a stranger doing it.
Thoughts? :)

Part of the fun of building an AR-15 is putting it together!

Granted there are some people that are lazy or can't be bothered with assembling an upper or lower so they just buy complete lowers and complete uppers slap them together and say they "built" the AR when in reality they just clicked an upper into a lower.

I prefer to build my own.

It depends on the person. Some enjoy the build as much as they do shooting. Some don't have much interest in putting things together. They just want the thing to work.

If it's for resale, why not offer an option to your customers?

I was disappointed in my PSA complete lower. The trigger was the worst I have ever felt on a firearm. I tried to polish it to no avail and ended up replacing the trigger group. The safety selector was poorly made. When moving it from 3:00 to 6:00 it stopped at 5:00 like there was an extra detent. I had to replace that as well.

This is not to say buying parts individually would necessarily be any better, but I think a lot of companies are sourcing crappy parts. My lower itself was fine, but when buying complete you are stuck with their parts. The only parts I bought that I was 100% satisfied came from Aero Precision.

I like to roll my own. Gives me a chance to polish the fire control group and ensure the springs are where they are supposed to be. :)

Nothing he is offering for sale is in your post so why do you blow up his post with this trouble you had with other companies parts

Yeah, after I posted I re-read his post and realized my mistake. Then I wasn't sure if I should say anything about it. I didn't think it would be too big a deal. I guess it was. I apologize profusely to the community.

In the future I will refrain from posting until after I finish my coffee.

Yeah, after I posted I re-read his post and realized my mistake. Then I wasn't sure if I should say anything about it. I didn't think it would be too big a deal. I guess it was. I apologize profusely to the community.

In the future I will refrain from posting until after I finish my coffee.
You were relating an experience. It's cool. Some people need to read the pill bottle a little better. You're supposed to take the grumpy gramps pills at night, not first thing in the morning! :D

LPK all the way! While you don't get much manufacturer warranty, you DO get better inspection and control over YOUR parts, and it also teaches you the assembly process so you can proliferate that knowledge to others.

See One - Do One - Teach One, it's not just for serial killers on Rizzoli & Isles anymore! :D

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews