Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

AR-15 Rear sight

Discussion in 'Scopes & Optics' started by Oregon13, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Oregon13

Oregon13 Scappoose Active Member

I just received my PSA 16" rifle kit in the mail, and will be assembling the lower soon. The package came with an A2 front sight, that I believe is F stamped. So, my question is, should I go with a carry handle sight, or the Magpul flip up rear sight?

I have heard conflicting reviews on whether or not the Magpul sight will line up with an A2 front sight. I do eventually plan to move over to an optic of some sort, so I am leaning towards the Magpul sight, over a carry handle. I am also open to suggestions on other brands.

Tl;dr Magpul folding sight or mil-spec carry handle for use with an A2 F stamped front sight?

2. Boboclown

Boboclown North Carolina Well-Known Member

If its F stamped then yes. If not, then yes but might want to get a taller front sight post in case. I recommend getting the Magpul PRO rear sight, leaves more room underneath a scope if you ever get one.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  3. Oregon13

Oregon13 Scappoose Active Member

Can confirm the front sight post is F stamped. Just got done in boxing the parts. I looked at the Magpul Pro, I will need to look again. Thanks for the suggestion.

4. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

This:
    https://www.armsmounts.com/default.asp?mode=products&sub=sights&id=[hsh]40L

Any standard height rear will work.

+++++++++++++++++
    If you aligned the front and rear sights (standard rear and F front) you would find that the front sight is taller than the rear. That's because... if you took a low profile front sight and a standard height rear - they would be same plane. The low profile front is designed to be on the same rail plain as the rear.

Nothing special needed for a rear. Any common...

5. Vanillagerrilla

Vanillagerrilla Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I have a Troy metal flip up. Very sturdy and low profile.