JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
for those of you with a Finn M28 with the original Konovalov M91 rear sight, these 1928 target sights just popped up on Liberty Tree Collectors
I got mine on order - go for it

according to my research, these target sights came on the original Finn M28s issued to the Home Guard rifle teams
they switched them out for M91 combat sights during the Winter War
My Finn M28 has a Sig barrel and this original target sight will fit it's original intent

I found this old add from SAKO (translated to English) for individual Civil Guard members to pay to have their privately owned Finn M28 upgraded to M28/30
I understand that only 1000 of these privately upgraded rifles were ever produced - mine is not one of them

Finn M28 add.jpg

I found this old article by Vic Thomas, an early expert on Finn Mosins
in this article he states these adjustable windage Konovalov style rear leaf were just the original style sight on early Finn M28 rifles
they were replaced due to cost of manufacturing with the fixed windage rear leaf
collectors discussed that no one in America had ever received an M28 with this sight, but they have been available in the US from parts suppliers
Liberty Tree Collectors has been selling them on and off for years
but they are not a special target sights as many on the internet say

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top